No announcement yet.

VVenC 1.11 Brings More Performance Improvements For H.266/VVC Encoding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again, nothing of value has been posted but you continued to talk about me.

Dude, this is a topic about VVC and tangentially, since it's an open source related website, its only competing codec which is AV1. It's not about me.

You doubted (I'm not sure, I didn't read your comment) VVC's efficiency claims but you failed to disclose your results which renders your rant completely void and null. And again, I did not claim anything in this topic. You got all wound up because of the paper I just mentioned? LMAO. Well, refute it! You've got all the compute and time to do that! I can wait a week if you like. But no, you will attack the messenger. I'm glad you've seen yourself out.

I prefer to discuss stuff, not people. You came here to attack me and I simply have too thick of a skin to play such dirty games.

Comment

• Originally posted by avis View Post

AV2/H.267 have been in development for quite some time now and neither uses AI.

AI indeed can help encoding by intelligently dividing the source image into parts for which it instructs the encoder to use more or less bits. The same applies to frames: some frames may receive more bits, some fewer. That's indeed has been researched a lot and is now widely used.

E.g. check this https://cloudinary.com/guides/ai/har...complete-guide
      H.267 already? Where's AV3 then?

Comment

• Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

H.267 already? Where's AV3 then?
        Once AV2 is finished

Comment

Working...
        X