Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bug77
    replied
    I guess I can give it a try once it lands in Arch's kde-unstable. I wonder if it will mean I can uninstall everything Qt5-related (probably not).

Edit: I'm using krusader,so definitely not.
    Last edited by bug77; 09 November 2023, 05:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• stiiixy
    replied
    Originally posted by evert_mouw View Post

American != English

(Looking into the mirror; I see a Dutch speaker trying to be a smartass...)
    I think you're quoting the wrong guy...because he is right in his response.

Edit: actually I believe it's tonnes...now I see the confusion.

Also, I weigh 657 bugs!

Leave a comment:

• mrg666
    replied
    Is there a method to build KDE Plasma 6 in kdesrc-build as an additional DE option to Plasma 5? I am using Ubuntu 23.10, so trying to have deb packages instead of throwing the build into the system

Leave a comment:

• evert_mouw
    replied
    Originally posted by themonstoor View Post

It's a common-enough English expression :-)
    American != English

(Looking into the mirror; I see a Dutch speaker trying to be a smartass...)

Leave a comment:

• Toggleton
    replied
    Originally posted by dayone View Post
    Any way to install the alpha on arch?
    https://archlinux.org/packages/?sort...iner=&flagged= likely here in the KDE-Unstable Repo but so far is the QT6 Framework there since a month https://kde.org/announcements/change...111.0-5.245.0/ but AFAIK not yet the rest that is needed for plasma6. Hope they will push the alpha there too.

Leave a comment:

• ngraham
    replied
    lol you guys

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by copyleft View Post

so, imaginary bugs
    Is that a question or statement?

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by spiral_23 View Post

did u ever use qt4?
    Yes. My experiences with apps was great. My experience with KDE 4 was abysmal and, between that and my dislike for GTK 3 and GNOME 3, put me down the path of alternate desktop environments and window managers until I reluctantly gave KDE 5.4 or 5.6 or so a shot and fell in love. Been using KDE ever since.

KDE 4 was back in my first decade of Linux usage. I was using Debian and Ubuntu back then and, well, that choice of distribution might have been a bad choice for KDE in general. In the past decade, on Fedora, SUSE, Arch, Manjaro, and every other rolling or newer distribution I've used with KDE it kicked ass and on every "LTS" or "Stable" distribution I've used it on it was just ass. I didn't know that shit 15, 20 years ago.

Anything before that I was using GNOME 1 or 2 and I was a happy camper with no need to learn about alternate desktop environments. I think I'll die so salty over how much GNOME changed between 2 and 3 they'll be able to use my dead body as a solar salt reactor.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by copyleft View Post

lol, "tons".

Did you weigh them?
    Yes. I did it using Imperial and it weights approximately 1.3 ricks of black ironwood.

That's a real unit of measurement.

Leave a comment:

• guzz46
    replied
    Originally posted by timofonic View Post

I dislike Gnome, anyway. Desktop Linux is a disaster. KDE is nice but buggy. GNOME is more stable, but extremely restricted and extensions sux
    Try LXQt with kwin, its kind of like running kde for the most part, just without the bugs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X