KDE Plasma 6.0 Alpha Released With KDE Frameworks 6 & KDE Gear Updates Too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by copyleft View Post

if you mean kde4, no, during that time I was using pclinuxos trinity.

Yes kde4 was horrible.
    Still way better than gnome
    I thought KDE4 was pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by spiral_23 View Post

i switched 2009 from kde to gnome and never regretted it. true story.
      How did you manage that? I tried gnome a few years ago and it didn't last very long, just basic things like when you open a window it just places it in the center of the screen, and if you open another window it will place it on top of the other window, then you have to physically arrange the windows yourself, where kwin has smart window placement as an option, where it tries to avoid window overlapping, but that's not even an option in gnome for some strange reason.

Comment

i switched 2009 from kde to gnome and never regretted it. true story.
        I dislike Gnome, anyway. Desktop Linux is a disaster. KDE is nice but buggy. GNOME is more stable, but extremely restricted and extensions sux

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post

I dislike Gnome, anyway. Desktop Linux is a disaster. KDE is nice but buggy. GNOME is more stable, but extremely restricted and extensions sux
          Try LXQt with kwin, its kind of like running kde for the most part, just without the bugs.

Comment

lol, "tons".

Did you weigh them?
            Yes. I did it using Imperial and it weights approximately 1.3 ricks of black ironwood.

That's a real unit of measurement.

Comment

did u ever use qt4?
              Yes. My experiences with apps was great. My experience with KDE 4 was abysmal and, between that and my dislike for GTK 3 and GNOME 3, put me down the path of alternate desktop environments and window managers until I reluctantly gave KDE 5.4 or 5.6 or so a shot and fell in love. Been using KDE ever since.

KDE 4 was back in my first decade of Linux usage. I was using Debian and Ubuntu back then and, well, that choice of distribution might have been a bad choice for KDE in general. In the past decade, on Fedora, SUSE, Arch, Manjaro, and every other rolling or newer distribution I've used with KDE it kicked ass and on every "LTS" or "Stable" distribution I've used it on it was just ass. I didn't know that shit 15, 20 years ago.

Anything before that I was using GNOME 1 or 2 and I was a happy camper with no need to learn about alternate desktop environments. I think I'll die so salty over how much GNOME changed between 2 and 3 they'll be able to use my dead body as a solar salt reactor.

Comment

so, imaginary bugs
                Is that a question or statement?

Comment

lol you guys

Comment

Originally posted by dayone View Post
                    Any way to install the alpha on arch?
                    https://archlinux.org/packages/?sort...iner=&flagged= likely here in the KDE-Unstable Repo but so far is the QT6 Framework there since a month https://kde.org/announcements/change...111.0-5.245.0/ but AFAIK not yet the rest that is needed for plasma6. Hope they will push the alpha there too.

Comment

Originally posted by themonstoor View Post

It's a common-enough English expression :-)
                      American != English

(Looking into the mirror; I see a Dutch speaker trying to be a smartass...)

Comment

Working...
                      X