Clear All

• rcurious
    replied
    I think AI is the cause

Leave a comment:

• dlq84
    replied
    Originally posted by Developer12 View Post
    "Well guys, we're already shipping spyware, we're forcing people to see ads, we're even implementing DRM to block browsers we don't bless from accessing the web. How do we make sure those 'chromium' freeloaders can't strip it back out again?"

"Use our sheer manpower to release faster and swamp their dev teams, like we did to firefox with W3C standards?"

"I like your thinking! Promotion!"
    I don't get what you're saying. Are you under the impression that Chromium aren't developed by Google or something?

Leave a comment:

• Duff~
    replied
    Originally posted by Ironmask View Post

Don't forget Firefox was the one who started playing this ridiculous pointless game of catchup.
    Watch Mozilla start to match this for no good reason why they continue to let their useless browser rot even more.
    linux would turn 3.6 next year, and i would have love it

Leave a comment:

• timidgoldfish
    replied
    The execs at Google thought they needed to speed up their takeover of the free and open internet a little bit faster.

Leave a comment:

• chromer
    replied
    Why? what users want is stability, bug fixes and useful features, not version number!
    By looking at https://www.chromestatus.com/ , you can barely see a useful feature in compare to past and this attitude.

Leave a comment:

• Ironmask
    replied
    Originally posted by nerdopolis View Post
    "Oh no, Firefox just took the lead in version numbers! Quick! We have to catch up somehow!"
    Don't forget Firefox was the one who started playing this ridiculous pointless game of catchup.
    Watch Mozilla start to match this for no good reason why they continue to let their useless browser rot even more.

Leave a comment:

• Developer12
    replied
    "Well guys, we're already shipping spyware, we're forcing people to see ads, we're even implementing DRM to block browsers we don't bless from accessing the web. How do we make sure those 'chromium' freeloaders can't strip it back out again?"

"Use our sheer manpower to release faster and swamp their dev teams, like we did to firefox with W3C standards?"

"I like your thinking! Promotion!"

Leave a comment:

• ireri
    replied
    At this point, they should just make it a rolling release and call it a day.

Leave a comment:

• Luis Alvarado
    replied
    For a minute I thought I read "Google Chrome will be faster" and I was thinking they optimized a bunch of stuff including memory management. Silly me. I rather stick with Firefox, Chrome has become a mess on Mac and Linux since the beginning of 2023.

Leave a comment:

• nerdopolis
    replied
    "Oh no, Firefox just took the lead in version numbers! Quick! We have to catch up somehow!"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X