Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nille
    replied
    I think its nice that local translations are now supported. unfortunately Japanese is not supported
    DeepL is nice but they cut some sentences like GT is doing. LLMs are worse in that regard and in the end i sit here with a dictionary and do it word for word myself.

Leave a comment:

• cypx
    replied
    Originally posted by guspitts View Post
    `firefox -ProfileManager` to select / create / delete profiles.
    Or type
    Code:
    about:profiles
    in the address bar.

You could also run multiple profile simultaneously from this page.

Leave a comment:

• rhavenn
    replied
    Originally posted by V1tol View Post

And this is basically a killer feature of Firefox. Profiles (btw Firefox has them too) are sooo far away in terms of usability.
    Yeah, Firefox does support full separate profiles as well, but the "containers" feature is amazing for separating your "user" sessions from your "admin" sessions from your "development" session into stuff like O365, etc... all while still running a single instance of the browser.

For me..that feature alone has me favoring FF by a long margin.

Leave a comment:

• guspitts
    replied
    Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post
    I saw my colleague using profile feature on chrome. I kinda surprised when i found we don't have that feature in ff.
    `firefox -ProfileManager` to select / create / delete profiles.

For some use cases, profiles in Firefox work better than Chrome profiles: it seems that network proxy settings in Chrome are global to all profiles, while it is a per profile setting in Firefox. Which is one reason I use profiles: to select a VPN / SOCKS proxy.

Leave a comment:

• Myownfriend
    replied
    Originally posted by Steffo View Post
    Will the screen sharing indicator on Wayland fixed in the future?
    It's not broken. They removed it. As the quote in the article says:

"Firefox does not show a screen sharing indicator on Wayland any more. It never worked as well as on other platforms and desktop environments typically provide sharing indicators already."

Anyway I'm glad to see that they support CSS nesting. I love the visual hierarchy and reduced redundancy that it offers. I have it enabled in 116 and converted some CSS files to use nesting and they all became way smaller.

I'm hoping they soon enable Jpeg-XL in release builds and start working on CSS Paint support.

Leave a comment:

• avis
    replied
    1. It's not been officially released yet, it may take up to 48 hours.
    2. Michael could have provided at least the changelog for the beta version: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo.../releasenotes/

Leave a comment:

• V1tol
    replied
    And this is basically a killer feature of Firefox. Profiles (btw Firefox has them too) are sooo far away in terms of usability.

Leave a comment:

• C8292
    replied
    Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post
    I saw my colleague using profile feature on chrome. I kinda surprised when i found we don't have that feature in ff.
    you have. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...nt-containers/

Leave a comment:

• mirmirmir
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rhavenn
    replied
    Originally posted by salvaju29ro View Post
    If it were to be as reliable and easy to use as Chrome's, I might seriously make the switch to Firefox
    "easy" to use is in the eye of the beholder. I find Firefox easy to use, but it's my "go to" browser 99% of the time and has been forever. I don't find Chromium "hard" to use either though. I just prefer Firefox.

As far as reliable, I've never had real problems with it. It sometimes crashes on me randomly in Arch, but seems stable / no issues in Tumbleweed and normally the Arch issues iron themselves out due to libraries being updated. It's not always a Firefox problem.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X