X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by Game_boy View Post
    I think this is doing more harm than good. There's the rename thing, just because Windows does it, and also the proposal to make double clicking on archives auto-extract it into a new folder. I want it to open in archive manager first so I can examine the files and maybe extract only a few rather than all of them, and have a right-click menu to one-step extract.

I don't want a delete warning when I'm only moving to Trash; I don't want icons on the Open With menu and I don't want Ctrl-Alt-Backspace off by default (which sin't a papercut but was "fixed" for Jaunty under similar usability arguments).
    Sounds like the majority of what you want to do is make Gnome like KDE.

Leave a comment:

• Game_boy
    replied
    I think this is doing more harm than good. There's the rename thing, just because Windows does it, and also the proposal to make double clicking on archives auto-extract it into a new folder. I want it to open in archive manager first so I can examine the files and maybe extract only a few rather than all of them, and have a right-click menu to one-step extract.

I don't want a delete warning when I'm only moving to Trash; I don't want icons on the Open With menu and I don't want Ctrl-Alt-Backspace off by default (which sin't a papercut but was "fixed" for Jaunty under similar usability arguments).
    Last edited by Game_boy; 06-24-2009, 12:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• drelyn86
    replied
    some of these, I can see why and how they can be annoying to everybody... others, i feel like they're trying to just make certain little things more like Windows

Leave a comment:

• BlackStar
    replied
    Originally posted by lem79 View Post
    This is a great idea. I've been contributing feedback for one of the papercuts (nautilus doesn't single click to rename ... and I prefer it not to either :P it's an annoying "feature" of Windows and I think KDE too). Overall what I've seen is very constructive, and should make Ubuntu 9.10 something more polished and very nice.
    Fancy that, I've also posted on this paper cut (we agree, rename-on-click is very annoying).

Leave a comment:

• lem79
    replied
    This is a great idea. I've been contributing feedback for one of the papercuts (nautilus doesn't single click to rename ... and I prefer it not to either :P it's an annoying "feature" of Windows and I think KDE too). Overall what I've seen is very constructive, and should make Ubuntu 9.10 something more polished and very nice.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X