No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma 6.0's Night Color Mode Will Work With NVIDIA's Proprietary Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 6.0's Night Color Mode Will Work With NVIDIA's Proprietary Driver

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 6.0's Night Color Mode Will Work With NVIDIA's Proprietary Driver

Even with summertime approaching KDE developers remain very busy further enhancing the desktop stack and continued efforts around Qt6 porting and the Plasma 6.0 desktop...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

While having night colors is nice, having proper xwayland sync would have been nicer.

Comment

When has been Plasma 6 scheduled?
      Last edited by MorrisS.; 27 May 2023, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisS. View Post
        There's no ETA yet.

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisS. View Post
          AFAIK the initial tentative plan was to skip one release cycle (i.e. what would have been Plasma 5.28 in June) and release Plasma 6 in October '23. But given that Plasma 6 is its own beast, and that they've also been looking into switching their cadence to a biannual one, it could mean that they either release sometime in late summer (if things progress really well) or they take their time and aim for Christmas or even early '24.

Comment

Question: Will Wayland session work with Nvidia proprietary drivers on Plasma 6?

Comment

Originally posted by Nocifer View Post

AFAIK the initial tentative plan was to skip one release cycle (i.e. what would have been Plasma 5.28 in June) and release Plasma 6 in October '23. But given that Plasma 6 is its own beast, and that they've also been looking into switching their cadence to a biannual one, it could mean that they either release sometime in late summer (if things progress really well) or they take their time and aim for Christmas or even early '24.
              I assume Plasma 6 will be ready in January 2024.

Comment

I don't really use amber colour curve sliders but it be nice if 6.0 split that out to Contrast/Brightness/Gamma sliders with hotkey/cli support.
                That is kind of what I want because every fs app/game I load seems to have slightly different opinions of what brightness levels to use. (and its a pain going into multiple settings menus to adjust them every 1second.)

Comment

> > When has been Plasma 6 scheduled?

> [different responses]

In the original article: "It’s usable for daily driving (I’m doing so) but still very much pre-alpha and in need of work to get it into a releaseable state by the end of the year."

Comment

Originally posted by Nth_man View Post
                    > > When has been Plasma 6 scheduled?

> [different responses]

In the original article: "It’s usable for daily driving (I’m doing so) but still very much pre-alpha and in need of work to get it into a releaseable state by the end of the year."
                    On their own release schedule page: “There's currently no schedule for Plasma 6, but it will be added as soon as possible.”

Comment

Working...
                    X