Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MaestroMaus
    replied
    Michael, could you please consider making links to your own articles at the bottom of each news post? It is so damn annoying to check each links description to see if I actually want to click on it.

Leave a comment:

• myxal
    replied
    One thing: Multi-monitor!! I'm checking out Kubuntu Jaunty with 4.2 and I'm casually left with the panel off the screen when switching screens

(Will check Karmic for sure )

Leave a comment:

• jospoortvliet
    replied
    Originally posted by callegar View Post
    Does anybody know if there is a chance of getting improved printing support (odd/even page selection and n-up printing) and an obex kioslave (for browsing mobiles) before the final freeze?

There is no mention of these in the changelog, but they were expected from the release goals, so I really hope that they can make it. I realize that to some having a wallpaper that changes with the weather and a screensaver progressively eating the desktop is by far more exciting, but please give a chance to save the forests also to those who do not own a duplex printer.
    Most of this functionality is now part of Qt. I know the Trolls are working on it but I'm not sure about the status. Sorry...

Leave a comment:

• callegar
    replied
    Does anybody know if there is a chance of getting improved printing support (odd/even page selection and n-up printing) and an obex kioslave (for browsing mobiles) before the final freeze?

There is no mention of these in the changelog, but they were expected from the release goals, so I really hope that they can make it. I realize that to some having a wallpaper that changes with the weather and a screensaver progressively eating the desktop is by far more exciting, but please give a chance to save the forests also to those who do not own a duplex printer.

Leave a comment:

• hax0r
    replied
    Hefty changelog, nice improvements, but still it needs to be faster and more efficient. The amount of resources some K apps use is a disaster. At least it logs out faster.

Leave a comment:

• jonnycat26
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Show me some good Qt4 PHP bindings... Though such a Qt GUI would not likely occur without the commercial backing of an interested party.
    Why not just write the test suite in something like Perl, if you need a scripting language.

It seems a bit silly to be developing a test suite using PHP.

Leave a comment:

• blindfrog
    replied
    Been using KDE 4.3beta1 and loving it :P hopefully Fedora 4.3beta2 packages arrive shortly

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by tball View Post
    @ Michael
    I think it would be nice if you developed a qt4 version of phonix-test-suite.
    Show me some good Qt4 PHP bindings... Though such a Qt GUI would not likely occur without the commercial backing of an interested party.

Leave a comment:

• tball
    replied
    Kde 4.2.4 is far the best DE I have ever tried. I'm sure kde 4.3 beats it ;-)

@ Michael
    I think it would be nice if you developed a qt4 version of phonix-test-suite.

Leave a comment:

• bugmenot
    replied
    If KDE 4.3 is released I will try it instead of gnome again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X