Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VA-API's Libva 2.18 Released With Windows WSL D3D12 Support, Optional Disabling DRI3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VA-API's Libva 2.18 Released With Windows WSL D3D12 Support, Optional Disabling DRI3

Phoronix: VA-API's Libva 2.18 Released With Windows WSL D3D12 Support, Optional Disabling DRI3

Version 2.18 of the VA-API library, libva, has been released today for this Linux Video Acceleration API library that is used by the various driver implementations...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

i'd love to see microsoft release direct x as completely open source. along with opening up win32 api. with them moving heavily towards software as a service i don't see the point in keeping everything closed source.

Comment

Microsoft ♥️ Linux
      Calling out Nvidia to do the same

Comment

Ability to run Linux on windows is an only positive thing about windows.

Comment

MS should discard windows and focus on linux only. port their close source dx and whatever and focus on linux only.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post
            Ability to run Linux on windows is an only positive thing about windows.
            Unfortunately this questions Linux as a desktop OS. And we want Linux to win in this competition.

Comment

Originally posted by V1tol View Post
              Unfortunately this questions Linux as a desktop OS. And we want Linux to win in this competition.
              I dont see it happening for a long time, I hope cosmic can change my mind though

Originally posted by pieman View Post
              i'd love to see microsoft release direct x as completely open source. along with opening up win32 api. with them moving heavily towards software as a service i don't see the point in keeping everything closed source.
              I doubt they ever will considering that directX makes up their entire graphics stack, D3Dx is their 3d stack, and there is at least open source D3D9/10 implementations, IIRC D3D11 is an incremental upgrade to D3D10, so if that gets done, we are just missing the D3D12 support​

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post
              Microsoft ♥️ Linux
              Calling out Nvidia to do the same
              they already are with their nvidia open kernel drivers, NVK is looking very promising​

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

they already are with their nvidia open kernel drivers, NVK is looking very promising​
                It's radhat, Nvidia don't help anything with linux

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post

It's radhat, Nvidia don't help anything with linux
                  Redhat? Who in here (https://github.com/NVIDIA/open-gpu-kernel-modules) works at Red Hat? I didn't find anybody.

Any hardware produced by NVidia I have I can use with Linux (even old ones from 2004/2005), the same is not true about some old AMD hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by andreduartesp View Post

Redhat? Who in here (https://github.com/NVIDIA/open-gpu-kernel-modules) works at Red Hat? I didn't find anybody.

Any hardware produced by NVidia I have I can use with Linux (even old ones from 2004/2005), the same is not true about some old AMD hardware.
                    Indeed, though I think they were probably talking about NVK, but I argue that without the open drivers, NVK wouldnt be worth much anyway to the average user

Comment

Working...
                    X