Enlightenment E16 Reaches Version 1.0.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panda84 View Post
    Can you please list the benchmarks you made to compare a window manager with a graphics card manufacturer / graphics card driver?

That sounds a little strange to me!
    I think it's just people wanting attention, and thread hijacking to do so.

I've always stuck with enlightenment - tried other windows manager occasionally, but always went back to e. I also personally think it's very well suited to multi-monitor setups (ok, I know a debate will start from that one, but that's just my opinion).
    If you look around enlightenment.org I think they have a release schedule for E17 towards the end of this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Sixpack View Post
      E17 has been in development since I first started using Linux
      Ditto

Its not THAT pretty or revolutionary to grow old waiting for it. In fact, the couple of times I tried it, felt archaic even. Like those explorer-shell replacements for windows98.

The train is gone, E17 may as well follow the path of DNF.

Comment

Originally posted by val-gaav View Post
        E17 is the Linux version of Duke Nukem Forever
        Yeah, but you can use it at least

Comment

Originally posted by alec View Post
          In fact, the couple of times I tried it, felt archaic even. Like those explorer-shell replacements for windows98.
          That is exactly how I feel about it as well. Spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by bulletxt View Post
            Exactly, I was sort of thinking the same thing... or if you want: the Linux version of an ATI GPU working perfectly and full-featured
            LOL! http://tinyurl.com/28o42

Comment

E17 is definetely a nice window manager and I'd use it for sure if I hadn't KDE 4 and if the integration of QT/GTK apps into E17 was nicer. At the moment, e.g. Firefox just looks ugly with a shiny E17 window bar but the normal GTK scheme applied :/

Comment

I'd love to see E17 released. It's light for the amount of pretty it has.

I ran a svn build of it for some months. Was nice otherwise, but the startup was a bit slow, and there was a bug at that time that windows could only be dragged to the right, not to the left (over screen borders to next virtual desktop).

E17 Forever

Comment

Originally posted by val-gaav View Post
                  E17 is the Linux version of Duke Nukem Forever
                  at least you know that the first one exists and is under active development. we were never sure whether dnf was either of those.

Comment

Originally posted by urandom View Post
                    at least you know that the first one exists and is under active development. we were never sure whether dnf was either of those.
                    Not true: http://techreport.com/discussions.x/16885

Comment

Hmm...did E17 ever get wireframe resizing and moving?
                      I had to stop using it because of idiot 3rd party software which killed the x server during resize/drag.

E17 was the best manager for handling multiple heads.

E16 when i tried it seemed to be more about eye candy than usability.

I've been disappointed that they decided to go with 'c' entirely.
                      At least they could have used very basic c++ objects, namespaces and the inherent safer type checking which IMHO is important for GUI code usability.

Comment

Working...
                      X