Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome 112 Beta Released With CSS Nesting, WebAssembly Tail Call

Phoronix: Chrome 112 Beta Released With CSS Nesting, WebAssembly Tail Call

Chrome 112 beta is now available for testing as the next step forward for Google's web browser...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I would probably wait about a year until all the current supported browsers support native CSS nesting.

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
      I would probably wait about a year until all the current supported browsers support native CSS nesting.
      Native support is irrelevant when Webpack will take of it for you anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by curfew View Post
        Native support is irrelevant when Webpack will take of it for you anyway.
        I won't have JavaScript in my website. That's why I use NoScript to protect myself from bad scripts on the web.

Because when I develop my personal website, JavaScript does not exist in my mind. I use NO analytics or any third-party scripts. You can observe my website if you wish. My website uses no JavaScript code at all.
        I'm a techie who loves EPCOT Center from the 1980s. I mainly post blog articles related to technology, but sometimes I might post non-tech articles as well.
        Last edited by GraysonPeddie; 12 March 2023, 08:33 AM.

Comment

I won't have JavaScript in my website. That's why I use NoScript to protect myself from bad scripts on the web.

Because when I develop my personal website, JavaScript does not exist in my mind. I use NO analytics or any third-party scripts. You can observe my website if you wish. My website uses no JavaScript code at all.
          https://graysonpeddie.com/
          I didn't utter a word about using JS on your site. Webpack doesn't even go to your website, it is simply a background compilation tool for development. You still need modern development tools to create usable websites.

Comment

Yeah no, sorry, still not gonna use that spyware, and if I ever run my own website I will specifically block Chrome.

Good. I'm so sick of websites which use up to five different Javascript frameworks at once, half of them implementing things which are part of the standard language now, and which eat through my data at 2-4MB a pop (not counting ads or videos).

https://graysonpeddie.com/
            I was expecting something more along the lines of a werc-based or tildeverse site, but this is very nice.

Comment

Thank you for the comment about my website mulenmar.

Comment

Originally posted by mulenmar View Post
                Good. I'm so sick of websites which use up to five different Javascript frameworks at once, half of them implementing things which are part of the standard language now, and which eat through my data at 2-4MB a pop (not counting ads or videos).
                Hey, you know what? I'm very sick of people using jQuery as their library of choice when itg comes to providing code in jQuery instead of just using plain JavaScript! The only workaround is to flat-out filter out jQuery-related search results when I only need to seek answers ONLY IN PLAIN JAVASCRIPT!!! It's like jQuery is a whole lot easier to learn compared to JavaScript. Seriously, web browsers do not have built-in support for jQuery right out of the box! Just give me a jQuery library with only 0 bytes in size and I'll use it! Yeah, as if that's going to happen.

Comment

Hey, you know what? I'm very sick of people using jQuery as their library of choice when itg comes to providing code in jQuery instead of just using plain JavaScript! The only workaround is to flat-out filter out jQuery-related search results when I only need to seek answers ONLY IN PLAIN JAVASCRIPT!!! It's like jQuery is a whole lot easier to learn compared to JavaScript. Seriously, web browsers do not have built-in support for jQuery right out of the box! Just give me a jQuery library with only 0 bytes in size and I'll use it! Yeah, as if that's going to happen.
                  Not even comparable.

It's like using six different GUI toolkits and versions thereof in the same single application. It's a waste of resources and creates more of a long-term development hell than the lazy developers were trying to avoid in the short term, all while worsening the end-user experience -- data transfer is expensive, "unlimited" plans aren't unlimited, and there are plenty of parts of the world which aren't a "first world country" where connectivity is concerned. E.g., the majority of the United States. To say nothing of the energy consumption caused by hosting all that extra cruft everywhere!

Or trying to chew through the jQuery stuff on a mobile CPU. Yeah, nah, not a great time.

And I wasn't even talking about jQuery alone. Install NoScript, browse a variety of websites for a month or so, checking how many different sites are being loaded from and different frameworks being pulled from. Do your own disproving of your beliefs. Maybe you'll learn something.

Comment

Originally posted by mulenmar View Post
                    And I wasn't even talking about jQuery alone. Install NoScript, browse a variety of websites for a month or so, checking how many different sites are being loaded from and different frameworks being pulled from. Do your own disproving of your beliefs. Maybe you'll learn something.
                    Oh, yeah. I currently use NoScript in Firefox all the time just to keep me safe online.

Comment

Working...
                    X