Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma 6.0 Sees More Feature Work, Improvements For Dolphin & Plasma 5.27.1 Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 6.0 Sees More Feature Work, Improvements For Dolphin & Plasma 5.27.1 Fixes

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 6.0 Sees More Feature Work, Improvements For Dolphin & Plasma 5.27.1 Fixes

This week marked the release of KDE Plasma 5.27 while developers are already busy working on Plasma 6.0 feature work as well as delivering fixes for the current release that will come with Plasma 5.27.1...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

20 minutes without someone complaining about KDE?

Comment

Is there some distro that has Plasma 6 installed by default so it can be booted and tested easily?

Comment

Article:
        Dolphin's code for counting directory sizes is now made faster and improves performance
        I slightly wonder how they did it, is there something more performant than total_size += stat.st_size ?

Comment

Originally posted by Karmux View Post
          Is there some distro that has Plasma 6 installed by default so it can be booted and tested easily?
          There is no Plasma 6 yet.

If you want the latest you can use our COPR for nightly builds

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
            Article:

I slightly wonder how they did it, is there something more performant than total_size += stat.st_size ?
            Look up tables?

Comment

in the mean time i have to struggle with copy/paste that refuse to copy to clipboard whatever i need (eg. from firefox to konsole)

Comment

Originally posted by NSLW View Post

Look up tables?
                Are you guessing or actually know this? Because even thousands of += operations happen in a blink of an eye.

Comment

Plasma is so over-stuffed with menu options and widgets to reveal more menus its becoming ridiculous.

They need to urgently order features into "things people use every day" "things people use every week" and "things people use rarely" and then hide away the rarer options in system/app preferences.

Its starting to look like the control panel of a nuclear power station. 1000 options all at once!

Comment

Originally posted by loganj View Post
                    in the mean time i have to struggle with copy/paste that refuse to copy to clipboard whatever i need (eg. from firefox to konsole)
                    The QClipboard is broken as of Plasma 5.27 on Wayland, some say it's only an Ubuntu issue. The file browsers are apparently using a different approach because they haven't been affected.

Comment

Working...
                    X