Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma 5.27 Released - Better Wayland Support, KWin Tiling, Multi-Monitor Overhaul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.27 Released - Better Wayland Support, KWin Tiling, Multi-Monitor Overhaul

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.27 Released - Better Wayland Support, KWin Tiling, Multi-Monitor Overhaul

The KDE developers have used Valentine's Day to release Plasma 5.27 as the last feature release of the Plasma 5 series with development attention now turning to Plasma 6.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Plasma is truly amazing!
    And so are the KDE developers who listen to feedback from the users and try to make everyone happy!
    Really nice to see a desktop environment so fast, customizable and with so many built-in features.

Congratulations and many thanks to KDE developers!

Comment

I just want a stable KDE. I'm stuck on x11 due to nvidia wayland issues - but commandbar menus are usually invisible to me across apps.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbine View Post
        I just want a stable KDE. I'm stuck on x11 due to nvidia wayland issues - but commandbar menus are usually invisible to me across apps.
        I just spent a month using Kde 5.26 on wayland with nvidia and the only reason I stopped was the lack of hardware accelerated video playback. Performance was fine and didn't experience any crashes. Currently running the 5.27rc and I don't see the commandbar issue you are describing either.

Comment

after switching to kde about a year ago i have been very unhappy on a daily basis due to certain very disruptive bugs. however in recent last few weeks things have improved and i am very grateful since (aside from the chronic stability issues) its a great platform. hopefully kde can keep the forwards direction and continue a focus on prioritizing stability. just so that it does not end up regressing backwards again and can remain a usable desktop.

perhaps wayland will take still longer to get on top of that of course. but so long as that focus remains, and they can slog it out i am still going to be optimistic and hope positively. that it's not too much an unrealistic goal and can be achieved too with some further time

Comment

It's about time to try KDE again, been a few years since I last tried it. With Valve backing it up and quality controlled it, it's been enough time to test it again.
            I always like the "choose your own setting" in KDE, but never liked it bug-infested issues. Time for a new perspectives and review KDE once again.

Comment

Nice nice. Finally some Wayland fixes. Can't remember when it was the last time a KDE release had anything related to Wayland.

Comment

KDE is so shitty, but its pretty cool that it now can do tiling.

Comment

if developers don't port KDE to qt6 there no reason to pump version to 6 just for sample update like usual one

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post
                    if developers don't port KDE to qt6 there no reason to pump version to 6 just for sample update like usual one
                    ¿?
                    Plasma 6 is a port to Qt6, among other things.

Comment

Working...
                    X