Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post

You're welcome!

BTW, Lutris disables the debug output of WINE by default, which is just one more reason to use it for managing & playing your games on Linux.

And no, WINE-Staging never added support for Fsync, only Esync.

AFAIK, upstream WINE doesn't want to add it because macOS can't use it.

Talk about Apple holding progress back once again...
    Ah, I confused it with esync, thanks! I actually only use Wine for one app, but it's an app and not a game. So while disabling the debug output would help, Lutris won't be of any help for an app instead of a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Ah, I confused it with esync, thanks! I actually only use Wine for one app, but it's an app and not a game. So while disabling the debug output would help, Lutris won't be of any help for an app instead of a game.
      Why do you say that? Games and programs use the same workarounds, need the same tweaks, have the same limitations, etc. Even if it's just the one program, things like Lutris make it a lot easier to try different settings out in an alternate prefix without having to write a launch script or a 2000 character terminal command.

Granted, if you only use one program and vanilla Wine works for you then I can see how using a 3rd party tool for prefix management wouldn't be nearly as handy or as necessary as it is when you have hundreds of x86 games split over many game stores. The second you dip out of Steam, some form of not-Steam prefix management is damn useful.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Why do you say that? Games and programs use the same workarounds, need the same tweaks, have the same limitations, etc. Even if it's just the one program, things like Lutris make it a lot easier to try different settings out in an alternate prefix without having to write a launch script or a 2000 character terminal command.

Granted, if you only use one program and vanilla Wine works for you then I can see how using a 3rd party tool for prefix management wouldn't be nearly as handy or as necessary as it is when you have hundreds of x86 games split over many game stores. The second you dip out of Steam, some form of not-Steam prefix management is damn useful.
        I would benefit, but then I'd have to start a whole game collection program in order to run that one app. Alright, I'll think about it…

Comment

Working...
        X