LibreOffice 7.5 Released With Improved Dark Mode, Better PDF Exporting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LibreOffice 7.5 Released With Improved Dark Mode, Better PDF Exporting

Phoronix: LibreOffice 7.5 Released With Improved Dark Mode, Better PDF Exporting

LibreOffice 7.5 released on-schedule this morning as the newest version of this cross-platform, free software office suite to rival Microsoft Office...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I bet it still can't render text without causing eye cancer.

Comment

I wonder that this means?
      "The Sifr icon set was refreshed to follow GNOME Adwaita’s new rounded style."

And once again I cannot escape the rounded crap everywhere like we're in a cartoon or baby-proofing stuff in the house.

I think I will never understand what's with this obsession of rounding corners every on the screen.

Comment

Nice with dark mode, although with the document background being white it is quite jarring to the eyes because the contrast gets so intense so it kind of eliminates the whole point of dark mode, but maybe dark mode works better in Sheets than Writer.

I hope we soon get to see GTK 4 for LibreOffice, I can't wait! 🤤

Is LibreOffice Base still being actively developed and getting love or is it forgotten in a corner?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          Nice with dark mode, although with the document background being white it is quite jarring to the eyes because the contrast gets so intense so it kind of eliminates the whole point of dark mode, but maybe dark mode works better in Sheets than Writer.
          You can go to Options -> Libreoffice -> Application Colors and change the Color Scheme to LibreOffice Dark. I think this will switch automatically in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
            I wonder that this means?
            "The Sifr icon set was refreshed to follow GNOME Adwaita’s new rounded style."

And once again I cannot escape the rounded crap everywhere like we're in a cartoon or baby-proofing stuff in the house.

I think I will never understand what's with this obsession of rounding corners every on the screen.
            You can simply select another Theme icon set or install an older Theme icon set in LO using the Extension manager, if you like.

Assuming you use Gnome which use a similar icon set, what is the point not seeing this back in the applications you run.

Comment

In addition to quikee suggestion to change the page to dark: I think the pages defaults white for now (but could turn dark default in a later version) as I've seen quite some existing documents that have it's text color by the user set to "black", so it renders dark on a dark background making it unreadable. In a future version I think it would help to have a quick button to switch the page color between light and dark.

I hope we soon get to see GTK 4 for LibreOffice, I can't wait! 🤤
              Hope that's fixed for LO 8

Is LibreOffice Base still being actively developed and getting love or is it forgotten in a corner?
              It's still developed, but not very actively atm. Guess this part needs some new devs willing to work on in.

Comment

I've coincidentally updated libreoffice on a windows box today and I have to say the new dark theme immediately caught my attention. I often use 7.3 on a linux box and I usually disable the dark mode there since it's hard to tell where one button starts and another ends due to having no borders. There was a theme for this but it had some other issues (with the icons? It was a while ago) I believe...
                Anyhow, I don't know exactly when it happened, but 7.5 is a nice improvement. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by quikee View Post

You can go to Options -> Libreoffice -> Application Colors and change the Color Scheme to LibreOffice Dark. I think this will switch automatically in the future.
                  You just changed my life
                  (well, I do not use LO that much, but it is still great)

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
                    I bet it still can't render text without causing eye cancer.
                    Not how I would have worded it, but yes, LibreOffice is still incredibly ugly. They're clearly going after the enterprise crowd. University, Government, Education etc.. Because to get any traction with regular consumers the UX needs to be far better. It just feels this is the wrong time to even try. Consumers have moved to web-based, or at least cloud-sync'd stuff. This is the past.

Comment

Working...
                    X