LibreOffice Removes Support For Some Old Targets: AIX, 32-bit s390 & More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LibreOffice Removes Support For Some Old Targets: AIX, 32-bit s390 & More

Phoronix: LibreOffice Removes Support For Some Old Targets: AIX, 32-bit s390 & More

With LibreOffice 7.5 due out next week and that code already having been branched, in the LibreOffice mainline code this week they have dropped support for some old targets...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Aah yes, libreoffice. With their confusing 2 or 3 stable releases in their download page, pushing people to use their newest version. I hope they do this not because they expect people to run into bugs with their newest "stable" release, so when people complain, they can say "we told you so, if you want support, you should've gone with our business partners"

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post
      their download page
      Who uses "their download page" among the readers of this site? Nobody.

And if you are so overstressed by using a "download page", maybe you should leave software installation to other people.
      Last edited by Go_Vulkan; 28 January 2023, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Aah yes, libreoffice. With their confusing 2 or 3 stable releases in their download page, pushing people to use their newest version. I hope they do this not because they expect people to run into bugs with their newest "stable" release, so when people complain, they can say "we told you so, if you want support, you should've gone with our business partners"
        The newest version usually works best for most purposes. You're probably also confused by the Linux kernel being offered in (currently) 10 versions (thereof 2 experimental and 2 EOL).

Comment

While talented people spend their free time on a software he is using, all he does is whining about "confusion". I really don't like that attitude.
          Last edited by Go_Vulkan; 28 January 2023, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Vulkan View Post
            While talented people spend their free time on a software he is using, all he does is whining about "confusion". I really don't like that attitude.
            So, there's a bug that lost me a deadline. That's a thing that happened. Maybe I would do something else with my free time if it didn't happen. You know, stability is a thing

Comment

So, there's a bug that lost me a deadline. That's a thing that happened. Maybe I would do something else with my free time if it didn't happen. You know, stability is a thing
              Maybe you should let ChatGPT rewrite it all into smaller words you'd understand. You'd be less confused. Maybe.

Comment

Something tells me you were going to miss that deadline regardless of the bug.
                Save often and if you then encounter a bug, you can just swap to another platform if necessary.

Comment

That's a thing that happened.
                  You surely have a backup. No one forced you to do a major upgrade of the software in the middle of a project.
                  And again, no Linux user should visit a "download page".

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                    Something tells me you were going to miss that deadline regardless of the bug.
                    Save often and if you then encounter a bug, you can just swap to another platform if necessary.
                    No, I know what I'm doing. The thing freezed and got confused and replaced my file with old save. It's not like you can anticipate when it would freez and burn.

And also, with libreoffice, one crashes, everything else also crashes. If only one doc lost, i wouldn't whine like I do.

​​​​​​​The bug itself is dumb anyway, like i don't even bother to explain.

​​​​​​​I want to love the thing. But these things. Also shilling to companies? Shoving to your face word "community"? "Business" banner? Huh, blender has richer sugar daddy and yeah.

Comment

Working...
                    X