X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Volta View Post
    Quality of macOS? Good joke.
    Why is this a joke?

There's better hardware than MacBook Air.
    Passive cooled, long battery life, good performance, good trackpad, good display, good sound etc. Where can I buy this? Please show me!
    Last edited by Steffo; 22 January 2023, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steffo View Post
      KDE changed my life. It made me switch to macOS.
      Would you mind restraining yourself from doing such comments?

Comments like yours bring a negative energy into the topics.

Thanks

PS: It's very nice you are using MacOS. Really. Use whatever works best for you :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Damnshock View Post

Would you mind restraining yourself from doing such comments?

Comments like yours bring a negative energy into the topics.
        Sorry, but my comment brings reality into topics.
        Watch this video and realize how many people just want bugfixes in KDE Plasma 6. This is a never ending topic in KDE.

💸💸 Help me contribute to KDE and do these videos: 💸💸Paypal: https://paypal.me/niccolovePatreon: https://www.patreon.com/niccoloveLiberapay: https://liber...

Comment

Watch this video and realize how many people just want bugfixes in KDE Plasma 6. This is a never ending topic in KDE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS3Sykohvxs
          Please, just stop.

Comment

KDE --> macOS.

But maybe next year Linux will conquer the desktop. I gave up after 11 years (!) of Linux.
            I went from macOS to Windows and from there to Linux.
            Reasons:
            MacOS is already an overpriced and closed system. It will continue to close and lock in the user.
            With Linux you have full control over the system, with MacOS and Windows the OS has control over the user, thus the companies and the US.
            Try modding, flashing, hacking or cracking... with MacOS can be totally forgotten as well as data protection.
            There is nothing better than Linux on the desktop and LineageOS (without google services) on the smartphone, as far as privacy is concerned.

This is my personal opinion based on my priorities.

KDE Plasma is currently my favorite under Arch/Manjaro/EndeavourOS
            Last edited by SerialCool; 22 January 2023, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Damnshock View Post

Please, just stop.
              If you feel only negative vibrations by my comments, this is your problem. I didn't offend anyone, although you could feel offended by my Linux desktop experience I made in 11 years. But as I said: It's your problem. Don't project your problems on me.

I still use Linux at work for developing tasks, but it clearly fails for me in respect to desktop experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post

Given a choice between macOS and Windows, I'd still take Windows. That feeling of assurance that any random hardware bought off-the-shelf will definitely have Windows drivers, and that software applications written during the days of Windows 2000 or Windows XP will still continue to run in Windows 11 unmodified is a huge deal. Try running a GTK1 application in a modern distribution today in 2023 and see how much pain it entails.

And also because for some strange reason, Chinese developers still seem to be slavishly developing their software and development for Windows as a tier-1 platform, macOS as a tier-2 platform and Linux as a tier-bottom-of-the-bottom platform even though they are fully aware that the US has weaponised software against them. Damn, HarmonyOS's developer environment and SDK is almost entirely Windows-exclusive. What the hell, Huawei?
                It will run just as easy on Linux as on Windows. Static linked no problems, dynamically linked with libraries included no problem. Dynamically linked to depend on standard libraries 20 years ago = pain

Comment

Originally posted by acobar View Post

This happens because krun iterates through a lot of search options, click on configuration icon and disable things you don't use. On my case, I let only activities, applications, desktop sessions and recent files enabled. It open up almost instantaneously​.
                  I do something similar. Note: I use Kubuntu, so the "Enable File Search" checkbox of KDE Plasma comes disabled by default, that improves the speed of e.g. KRunner. Nille_kungen .

Comment

Why is this a joke?

Passive cooled, long battery life, good performance, good trackpad, good display, good sound etc. Where can I buy this? Please show me!
                    22 hours of battery life on the M2 Macbook.

In the meantime, Linux drains more battery than Windows on the same hardware.

And as usual, Linux users will blame everybody except their operating system for this state of affairs.
                    Last edited by Sonadow; 23 January 2023, 08:14 PM.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS3Sykohvxs
                      LOL.

You push a very personal opinion like it's truth, without even the beginning of a proper argumentation or comparison.
                      And then you speak about reality?

Please, just admit you're a troll and be done with it. Not that big of deal after all, Michael is pretty lenient with those behaviours (whether that is ultimately good or bad I have no opinion, it's usually not that annoying just skipping comments).

Comment

Working...
                      X