X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steffo
    replied
    Originally posted by Damnshock View Post

Would you mind restraining yourself from doing such comments?

Comments like yours bring a negative energy into the topics.
    Sorry, but my comment brings reality into topics.
    Watch this video and realize how many people just want bugfixes in KDE Plasma 6. This is a never ending topic in KDE.

💸💸 Help me contribute to KDE and do these videos: 💸💸Paypal: https://paypal.me/niccolovePatreon: https://www.patreon.com/niccoloveLiberapay: https://liber...

Leave a comment:

• Damnshock
    replied
    Originally posted by Steffo View Post
    KDE changed my life. It made me switch to macOS.
    Would you mind restraining yourself from doing such comments?

Comments like yours bring a negative energy into the topics.

Thanks

PS: It's very nice you are using MacOS. Really. Use whatever works best for you :-)

Leave a comment:

• Steffo
    replied
    Originally posted by Volta View Post
    Quality of macOS? Good joke.
    Why is this a joke?

There's better hardware than MacBook Air.
    Passive cooled, long battery life, good performance, good trackpad, good display, good sound etc. Where can I buy this? Please show me!
    Last edited by Steffo; 22 January 2023, 02:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Volta
    replied

KDE --> macOS.

But maybe next year Linux will conquer the desktop. I gave up after 11 years (!) of Linux.
    Wake me up when macOS becomes more than a toy on desktop.

Leave a comment:

• Volta
    replied

I understand, but I like the hardware quality of my MacBook Air (even Linus Torvalds is using it) and the quality of the OS and apps. Using 20 years old applications, is not really high priority for me.
    Quality of macOS? Good joke. There's better hardware than MacBook Air.

Leave a comment:

• NSLW
    replied
    I have a feeling that they're packing new features and overlooking hard some basic ones like
    keyboard shortcut for right click menu. Recently I used a keyboard that has no dedicated menu key to bring a context menu, and was surprised that I cannot press Shift+F10 to bring it up, which I found is a standard way to do it.

Leave a comment:

• pete910
    replied
    Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
    I really only have one thing that irritates me very much with KDE and that is when i alt+F2 or winkey to type what program i want to start there is a long delay often many second.
    That function should be immediately​ with out delay and prioritized, i press it and starts to type but it won't work since there's a delay.
    In a clean install it often works ok but after some time the delay is terrible, i tested right now and it was a 3 second delay before i could write anything.
    Not come across that one, Always been instant for me.

Last update does appear to have broken DPMS for me though.

Screens switch off fine if I leave it the login screen, soon as I login DPMS gets disabled, Yes I do have "Screen energy saving" ticked.

Leave a comment:

• Schugy
    replied
    22 years and I still use Linux exclusively. Plasma 6 + Wayland with Vulkan renderer shoud work like a charm.

Leave a comment:

• Steffo
    replied
    Originally posted by motang View Post

To or from macOS?
    KDE --> macOS.

But maybe next year Linux will conquer the desktop. I gave up after 11 years (!) of Linux.

Leave a comment:

• acobar
    replied
    Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
    I really only have one thing that irritates me very much with KDE and that is when i alt+F2 or winkey to type what program i want to start there is a long delay often many second.
    That function should be immediately​ with out delay and prioritized, i press it and starts to type but it won't work since there's a delay.
    In a clean install it often works ok but after some time the delay is terrible, i tested right now and it was a 3 second delay before i could write anything.
    This happens because krun iterates through a lot of search options, click on configuration icon and disable things you don't use. On my case, I let only activities, applications, desktop sessions and recent files enabled. It open up almost instantaneously​.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X