Wine 8.0-rc4 Released With Another 25 Bugs Fixed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monsterovich View Post

Why? Why use MS Office when you can just use Office 365? If you need the desktop version, you can use OnlyOffice and such.
    Don't ask me, I wasn't the one asking for it.

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post
      Recently I realized that Wine needs the Linux native OpenAL package to be installed in order for Windows software that uses OpenAL to work. Does anyone know if this situation will change when Wine will finish its PE conversion, or will it remain the same?
      Wine is just a shell for native Linux libraries, so the dependency is for good.

Comment

Originally posted by avis View Post
        The headline is obviously incorrect.

In time for this release 25 bugs were marked as fixed. Does not mean any of them were actually fixed between Wine 8 rc3-rc4.
        You're new to Phoronix, right?
        (I know you're not, but Michael makes the same assumptions/mistake every time some bugs got marked as fixed with the Wine project)

Comment

The headline is obviously incorrect.

In time for this release 25 bugs were marked as fixed. Does not mean any of them were actually fixed between Wine 8 rc3-rc4.
          Yes, but the correction are only at this release, if you get the rc3 all this bugs are there, and that's why releases exists after all

Comment

Originally posted by baka0815 View Post

(I know you're not, but Michael makes the same assumptions/mistake every time some bugs got marked as fixed with the Wine project)
            I think the error is at the wine release page, on section bugs fixed there are 25 bugs fixed, you can see it here https://www.winehq.org/announce/8.0-rc4

Comment

Originally posted by andreduartesp View Post

I think the error is at the wine release page, on section bugs fixed there are 25 bugs fixed, you can see it here https://www.winehq.org/announce/8.0-rc4
              I will let Alexandre Julliard know about this omission which has been going on for more than a decade now. Nice catch.

Comment

Originally posted by baka0815 View Post
                Originally posted by andreduartesp View Post
                I will let Alexandre Julliard know about this omission which has been going on for more than a decade now. Nice catch.
                Alexandre Julliard has done it the same way for the complete time he has been maintainer and so has every wine maintainer Bugs fixed is the version users can expect the fault fixed.

If you go though the list its of 25 bugs you will find it marked as fixed and tested as fixed in the between Wine 8 rc3-rc4 time frame. Some where fixed earlier but no one had spent the time to confirm they were fixed. So developer did look at those bugs in the Wine 8 rc3-rc4 timeframe.

Problem here comes the define of fixed.

This is a horrible define split in the define of fixed. When is something fixed:
                1) When it Works
                2) Confirmed to work.
                Wine uses project uses 2 and it works out simpler for reporting. Gcc and many other GNU projects also use the same define as Wine.

Comment

Working...
                X