Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jorgepl
    replied
    Why hasn't this been accepted in upstream yet? Is there any particular reason?

Leave a comment:

• kpedersen
    replied
    in order to improve the desktop experience when needing to force the GPU to ramp up its performance state to get ahead in the rendering speed.
    I do similar for my CPU to ramp up its performance state and get ahead in processing speed. I wrote the code myself:

Code:
    while(1)
    {
      // Keep busy
    }

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Dynamic Triple Buffering Hopefully Will Land For GNOME 44

Dynamic Triple Buffering Hopefully Will Land For GNOME 44

Phoronix: Dynamic Triple Buffering Hopefully Will Land For GNOME 44

For over two years Canonical has been working on dynamic triple buffering for the GNOME desktop with the Mutter compositor. This triple-buffering-when-needed can dramatically boost the desktop performance especially in cases like Intel integrated graphics and Raspberry Pi boards. The triple buffering work hasn't been upstreamed yet but the hope is that it may finally be ready for upstream inclusion with GNOME 44...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X