Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.27 To Provide Better Multi-Monitor Support

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.27 To Provide Better Multi-Monitor Support

The KDE Plasma 5.27 desktop, which is to be the last Plasma 5 feature release before Plasma 6.0, is poised to introduce revamped multi-monitor handling...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Year 3023. plasma kde stills fixing multi-monitor bugs, crashes and UI glitches.

Comment

From the article: due to broken hardware and software, on every platform you can imagine.​

Comment

Originally posted by Nth_man View Post
        From the article: due to broken hardware and software, on every platform you can imagine.​
        Those links include Mac, Gnome and Windows.

Comment

Silly question, which component in a Linux install should handle HDR?

Comment

Multimonitor works greatly on gnome or cosmiq.

Comment

KDE is the best for my liking, but the multi-monitor has always been glitchy, especially when coming out of "sleep" or monitor power off. It frequently loses one of the two monitors or detects one of them as a newly plugged in monitor (best as I can tell this is what its doing) and drops the old one. Its annoying but not the end of the world. Its odd because I dont recall the same issues in Gnome with miltiple monitors, but I typically only use gnome a couple of times a year.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoMorpheus View Post
                Silly question, which component in a Linux install should handle HDR?
                Here is article, where one part is about components needed for HDR: https://blogs.gnome.org/uraeus/2022/...a-workstation/

Comment

Originally posted by zexelon View Post
                  KDE is the best for my liking, but the multi-monitor has always been glitchy, especially when coming out of "sleep" or monitor power off. It frequently loses one of the two monitors or detects one of them as a newly plugged in monitor (best as I can tell this is what its doing) and drops the old one. Its annoying but not the end of the world. Its odd because I dont recall the same issues in Gnome with miltiple monitors, but I typically only use gnome a couple of times a year.
                  I like KDE more than the other DEs, but holy hell...the multi-monitor support is so broken. It worked fine until 5.24 or some minor patch level in 5.25, but then it all went to shit. I think they were trying to make it better for certain edge cases, but ended up just making it worse for everyone. Sometime in one of the last minor 5.26 patches my monitors started not forgetting their backgrounds / crashing plasma via the DP ports (Arch install), but the HDMI ports (Fedora 37) still break whenever waking up. It did stop moving my window to "hidden" desktops though which is nice. That was REALLY annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by zexelon View Post
                    It's not the end of the world for you, but I want to make enjoy my hard earned money I use for my multi-monitor setup, it is expensive, and I don't want to have terrible experience with it

Comment

Working...
                    X