X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ryao
    replied
    Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post

No it wasn't lol. Win98SE was much more stable than early XP was, people have some pretty rose colored glasses around XP because they only remember SP3, but early XP was a pretty shitty experience all around until Microsoft started rolling out the service packs.
    Was it worse than the multiple crashes per day that I experienced with Windows 98? I recall switching to Windows 2000, which reduced crashes to 1 BSOD every few months. I later went to windows XP where the stability was either similar or better. Maybe software running on top crashed more often than that, but that was vastly preferable to the system itself crashing.

Leave a comment:

• slalomsk8er
    replied
    Originally posted by mppix View Post

At the risk of being obvious:
    https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=Gnome+calendar
    As I stated in the above post the problem is gone as now the indexes are conditioned. It looks to me that right after the rename the searches were useless but now it works.

Leave a comment:

• mppix
    replied
    Originally posted by slalomsk8er View Post

You mean like Calendar, Files, Image Viewer, Text Editor or Web. It will be very easy to find help by searching those names online

Good and stupid are quite subjective.

I haven't looked in the code for the quality of the naming convention but I was bitten by Gnomes switch to bland and generic Application names.
    So I prefer quirky naming and be able to get meaningful results back from online searches!
    At the risk of being obvious:
    For all those people that find it more convenient to bother you with their question than to google it for themselves.

Leave a comment:

• mppix
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaxad0127 View Post

Better. KHamburgerMenu is an OPTION. It doesn't show if you have the menu bar visible and can be removed from the panel.
    Great. Now, neither the menu bar nor the KHamburger will work consistently.
    Oh and things are going great: KDE is now what, the 4th or so, most popular DE on Debian.

Leave a comment:

• lectrode
    replied
    Originally posted by user1 View Post

Recently one of the KDE devs made a video about the request to stop introducing new features in KDE and focus only on bug fixes. Basically, his main point was that if they'll completely stop working on features, that means their product will stop gaining attraction. <snip>
    Sounds interesting. Do you or anyone else happen to have a link?

Leave a comment:

• theriddick
    replied
    1000 more Wayland fixes and we should be about right

Leave a comment:

• BesiegedAce
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
    I feel like I was the only person in the world that had a working Windows ME PC.
    This is how I felt about Vista. Never really remembered having much in the way of issues with it.

Leave a comment:

• Slartifartblast
    replied
    Originally posted by openminded View Post

Yeah, and I was that one who had a working Win 98, huh
    The irony is not lost on me that this thread has degenerated from being about a DE that runs on Linux to the Windows OS & DE.

Leave a comment:

• openminded
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
    I feel like I was the only person in the world that had a working Windows ME PC.
    Yeah, and I was that one who had a working Win 98, huh

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X