WINE 1.1.22 Brings Few Graphics Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
    As I understand it, it's not a case of Wine supporting ATI so much as it's a case of ATI supporting their drivers as well as NVidia supports theirs.
    Bingo! Wine isnt the only problem for ATI on linux. Not by a long shot.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
      How dare you insult the graphics awesomeness of ETracer
      *nix
      *Racer

I vote the next reincarnate be called Super Extreme Planet Penguin Tux Racer Reloaded VII to avoid confusion.

Comment

The wine experience with Nvidia cards is certainly much better than with ATI cards, i guess ATI never compares that. Maybe they can not afford a Nvidia card to compare

Comment

Interesting, it seems Wine developers are starting to file bugs/feature requests with Mesa:

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
            The wine experience with Nvidia cards is certainly much better than with ATI cards, i guess ATI never compares that. Maybe they can not afford a Nvidia card to compare
            Actually AMD stock has doubled in value over the last 3 months.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
              Actually AMD stock has doubled in value over the last 3 months.
              Well deserved!

Comment

How's Wine64?

I would like to use Wine on a pure x86_64 system, without need of 32bit userland...

Please, anyone could explain the progress in regard this?

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
                  How's Wine64?

I would like to use Wine on a pure x86_64 system, without need of 32bit userland...

Please, anyone could explain the progress in regard this?
                  wine64 can only run 64 bit windows apps, so you will still need wine32 for most apps.

Comment

Its interesting that nine years after Microsoft released a 64-bit edition of Windows XP there are still only a handful of 64-bit apps for Windows. You can't even get Silverlight for 64-bit IE (The only 64-bit browser for Windows last I checked).

Contrast with Linux where you can get just about everything in 64-bit or 32-bit versions. You can get 64-bit Moonlight for your 64-bit Firefox if you really wanted to. That's kinda funny.

The exceptions are the few (very few) closed source games that made it over to Linux and Windows software via Wine.

Linux users should count themselves lucky I guess. You could be suck in the Windows world: running a 64-bit OS for nothing because nearly all your software is still 32-bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                      Its interesting that nine years after Microsoft released a 64-bit edition of Windows XP there are still only a handful of 64-bit apps for Windows. You can't even get Silverlight for 64-bit IE (The only 64-bit browser for Windows last I checked).
                      There's a 64 bit Windows version for Firefox: http://www.mozilla-x86-64.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X