KDE Prepares Smarter KRunner, Steam Scaling Better Under Plasma Wayland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
    Welcomed fixes, but wake me up when the horrible file indexer is fixed. I have plenty of RAM, nvme and a 16 thread CPU but the resource tax from Baloo is noticeable, even after it has supposedly indexed everything. It also for some reason chews up my ssd and has jacked up my TBW count considerably in less than a year.
    And yeah, I'm also annoyed by the attitude of many developers when posting bug reports. I have for a couple of years now stopped reporting bugs because of that behavior and I see it hasn't changed.
    Honestly, I've never seen a desktop-integrated indexer that was implemented acceptably and, at least once, I ran across a bug that would switch Baloo back on, so I have @reboot balooctl disable &>/dev/null in my user crontab since something about how the Kubuntu package dependencies work prevented me from ripping it out entirely, though I can't remember what.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

I don't need to limit anything, KRunner just needs to do its searching/indexing off the rendering thread (if indeed that's the issue).
      I am actually using it quite frequently for quick calculations.
      It works for me in slow computers, the less places it searches on, the faster it goes. Maybe you can file a bug report.

Comment

Originally posted by Nth_man View Post
        It works for me in slow computers, the less places it searches on, the faster it goes.
        So then, we should restrict it from searching anything, then it will show up instantly
        Plus, I'm not talking about a slow computer, I'm talking 12600k with the OS on a 970 EVO.
        Originally posted by Nth_man View Post
        Maybe you can file a bug report.
        I've filed enough bug reports that went unattended, tyvm. (I might have filed one about this problem, too, I've given up on keeping track.)

Comment

Working...
        X