Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prominent KDE Developer Nate Graham Joins The KDE e.V. Board - Pitches More Fundraising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prominent KDE Developer Nate Graham Joins The KDE e.V. Board - Pitches More Fundraising

Phoronix: Prominent KDE Developer Nate Graham Joins The KDE e.V. Board - Pitches More Fundraising

Prominent KDE developer Nate Graham who the past several years has focused on fixing many bugs and nuisances with the KDE desktop as well as being well known for his weekly "This Week In KDE" development summaries has been elected to the KDE e.V. Board of Directors. As part of the board, his platform is on fundraising more for KDE and hoping to hire more developers to further accelerate this open-source desktop environment...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wish project like gimp have something like this. Like, it's productivity software, it's more beneficial to use it longer. As for desktop environment, the less you interact with it, the more you use your time to do something productive.

Comment

Hope that means more man power to work on stability and bug fixes, which is what should currently be the highest priority imo.

Comment

As a german you can donate via amazon smile to KDE e.V.
        Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post
          I wish project like gimp have something like this. Like, it's productivity software, it's more beneficial to use it longer. As for desktop environment, the less you interact with it, the more you use your time to do something productive.
          That's why I cannot wait for more Wayland native options that are somewhere between say a tiling window manager and a full-blown desktop environment. Something that does tiling and floating windows well, sane and easy to read configurations files, etc. Enough functionality to be a "power user" yet functional, and further yet, otherwise gets out of the way.

Comment

Congratulations and Godspeed

Comment

Can't think of a better fit than Nate! Awesome news.

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post
                Note that the post talks about KDE, who develops a lot of productivity software as well (for example Krita and Kdenlive, or Kate/KDevelop). The Plasma desktop environment is of course a flagship product for KDE, but not the only thing the community works on.

Even a lot of apps outside of KDE indirectly depend on KDE work, for example inside or around Qt.

Comment

Originally posted by obri View Post
                  As a german you can donate via amazon smile to KDE e.V.
                  Just saying.
                  my 18 orders this year accumulated 3,14 € for KDE, yay! :-D
                  (all with smile.amazon.de, no idea what total sales value, hundreds probably)
                  Last edited by SigHunter; 17 October 2022, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Congratulations, Nate - you truly deserve it!

Comment

Working...
                    X