No announcement yet.

Wine 7.19 Released With VKD3D 1.5, MPEG-4 Audio Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible in Proton to switch back to VKD3D from VKD3D-Proton, just to try?

Comment

What do they mean with MPEG-4 audio? AAC? But that was already in MPEG-2.

Comment

Added this troll Turbine to ignored users list. Problem solved.
        And to add my five cents: I run everything from Windows on Wine, mainly games from GOG via Lutris, often manually created profiles with clean Wine staging. Wine is amazing. So glad we have this on Linux and for last 2-3 years I only run Linux, dropped dual-booting. 100% Linux only, even for heaviest 4K 144Hz gaming. 💪

Comment

In version 5.0 Wine was already able to run ArcMap (arguably the best professional multipurpose geoprocessing application until recently) on Linux Mint here without a single hiccup...

It actually ran smoother there than on windows at my work laptop, and I put it through its paces with a couple several-hours geospatial analysis tasks back then.

I wonder how many apps can run flawlessly now approaching version 8 that have simply not been tested and reported as working.

Mind you, winehq's compatibility database is similar to protondb in concept but people just don't use it as much as protondb was used for tracking the compatibility status of steam games, so data there is very very very old and incomplete.

Also PlayonLinux is dead, long live Lutris, Bottles, Heroic, etc

Comment

This wine version have some interesting things like some wmv playback like ultimate marvel vs capcom 3, resident evil revelations 2 and maybe others

Another case of cinematics maybe can be resident evil hd remaster because in my case, in before versions need some wmv dlls in game folder but now cinematics works ok without any wmv dlls in game folder

Almost forget now stay using wine staging (around july of this year, since that time stay using only intel igp aka uhd 630, waiting for arc A310 soonâ„¢) only since occur horrible accident with my main wine 32bit prefix (most games stay here) but thanks to this can reinstall my system with staging only and dont use wine tricks

Comment

Originally posted by Turbine View Post
              Ah yes, the tool that runs almost nothing without using Crossover, Proton or playonlinux.
              ​
              I think it's the other way Crossover, Proton and PlayOnLinux just exist because WINE exist.

Comment

Working...
              X