X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apopas
    replied
    Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    Actually FILM is 24 FPS and NTSC is 29.97 FPS. Pal is 25 FPS.
    Yup, to be more specific NTSC-Film is 23.976 FPS.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by Apopas View Post
    I mean in the movies. They use 23 fps and sometimes 29, but I don't think that has to do with the kernel :s
    Actually FILM is 24 FPS and NTSC is 29.97 FPS. Pal is 25 FPS.

Leave a comment:

• Nexus6
    replied
    It's certainly possible to run Urban Terror using a native 64bit IOQuake3 binary. I've been running UrT 4.1 on top of IOQuake 1.36 x86_64 for a few weeks now because of the improvements in audio support (so I can more accurately pick out the location of other players when I can't see them).

/usr/local/bin/ioquake3 +set com_standalone 1 +set fs_game q3ut4

Cheers,
    Toby Haynes
    (aka AskQuestionsLater in UrT)
    Last edited by Nexus6; 19 May 2009, 09:06 PM. Reason: Adding ioquake command

Leave a comment:

• Apopas
    replied
    Wow, the first new thing I learn today hehe
    And the second is that Alan Cox works for Intel since January (I learnt that to through the same link )
    Last edited by Apopas; 19 May 2009, 02:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kraftman
    replied
    I mean in the movies. They use 23 fps and sometimes 29, but I don't think that has to do with the kernel :s
    It does http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/li...11.1/0307.html

Leave a comment:

• Apopas
    replied
    Originally posted by kraftman View Post
    I thought Americans use 30fps and that's why there's an option in kernel to choose 300Hz? :>

Leave a comment:

• kraftman
    replied
    For that mericans use 23 fps and Europeans 25. Try to watch a movie in less than 20 fps for example, it will be like a slideshow and to play a shootemup at 16-20 FPS maximum it is going to be like a turn based game. Shoot and wait the other to make his movement :P
    I thought Americans use 30fps and that's why there's an option in kernel to choose 300Hz? :>

Leave a comment:

• Apopas
    replied
    Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    Carmack would disagree. idTech5 is capped at 30 fps.

Yes but it has 30 fps even if the GPU is capable to produce even more because 30 fps are enough, the matter is to not drop bellow that cap. In general is good to have over 50 FPS so in a "heavy" map or when there are a lot of guys around the fps to drop down to 30 and not less. It is similar with the movies, the human eye is satisfied when the frame rate is 23 and more and it sees the movement as continuous. For that mericans use 23 fps and Europeans 25. Try to watch a movie in less than 20 fps for example, it will be like a slideshow and to play a shootemup at 16-20 FPS maximum it is going to be like a turn based game. Shoot and wait the other to make his movement :P
    Last edited by Apopas; 19 May 2009, 10:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Yeah so simple that even MacOSX with the Intel's drivers runs it at 16fps. A shootemup is unplayable at this framerate, it needs at least to triple that performance.
    Carmack would disagree. idTech5 is capped at 30 fps.

Leave a comment:

• Apopas
    replied
    Originally posted by L4Linux View Post
    If you compare it to Crysis or Fallout 3, it is simple...
    Its quake3 based engine is certainly not state of the art.
    Yeah so simple that even MacOSX with the Intel's drivers runs it at 16fps. A shootemup is unplayable at this framerate, it needs at least to triple that performance.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X