No announcement yet.

A Lot Of Bug Fixing - Including For Wayland - Heading Into KDE Plasma 5.26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still experience plasmashell crashing/restarting once per (Wayland) session, guess i need to make a bug report

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post

Thanks a lot, that did the trick. And I would have thought that it was a bug, it turned out to be a feature.
      Yeah. There's a whole Vim plugin for that sort of balanced-pair insertion named pear-tree.

Aside from being useful to keep syntax highlighting from temporarily recolouring large parts of your document when you type an opening quote and haven't yet typed the matching closing quote, I configured my pear-tree to insert closing SGML/HTML/XML tags when I type the closing > for their opening mates. It saves a lot of duplicated typing if you're working on HTML templates of the traditional "HTML with added meta-syntax" kind rather than the more concise "sort of like CSS that generates HTML" kind pioneered by HAML.
      Last edited by ssokolow; 24 September 2022, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post

Thanks a lot, that did the trick. And I would have thought that it was a bug, it turned out to be a feature.
        So did I at first, but once I got used to it it became really damn handy when writing Bash and Zsh scripts by cutting down the number of key strokes needed for a lot of things. I do think it's damn annoying when editing scripts and getting an extra closing bracket I didn't want which makes me wish Kate had a keyboard shortcut or toolbar switch to toggle bracketing on and off. Granted, a lot of my annoyance comes from me having to train myself that I can highlight a portion of text and that hitting a bracketing key afterwards will bracket the highlighted text, not replace it like highlight and type normally does. If I'd have realized that a week or two ago it'd have saved a lot of frustrations.

Comment

Originally posted by loligans View Post
          I have a pretty annoying bug. When I lock my screen and step away for the night, the laptop won't wake up the next morning. However if I walk away for a few hours it still wakes up but the connected monitors are glitchy and take a minute to stabilize. I have chalked it up to running Arch on a MacBook Pro 15" 2017. I'll be switching to a Frame.Work soon

Edit: Gnome does not have this same problem
          I also have this issue on EndeavorOS with my personal PC. I have a KVM that I switch monitors and peripherals between my personal PC and work PC. Every once and a while the screen doesn't come on when switching to my personal PC and I need to reset the computer.

Comment

Tried KDE Wayland Recently......

- The KDE Floating Panel mode is fubar under Wayland, can't do edge transparency and ends up looking messed.
            - QT/GTK applications often have random font configurations
            - Stuff like Bottles and many other apps can suffer Pixelation, looks terrible!
            - Forget about fractional scaling still, makes things blurry and rather annoying to read.
            - Font DPI scaling seems to have odd issues also that invokes any random above problems depending on app.
            - Still no display brightness adjustment except for really old displays or some laptop displays.
            - Possible performance issues with multi-display setup in games, however need to re-test..

So yeah...
            Last edited by theriddick; 26 September 2022, 04:58 AM.

Comment

I find these regular status updates very handy. I'm using Plasma and have not switched to Wayland yet. Seeing what I would consider major usability issues with Plasma/Wayland fixed every week tells me they are making progress, but also reminds me that they still seem to have a ways to go.

Comment

Working...
              X