No announcement yet.

Qt 6.4 Release Candidate Arrives With Added Modules For 3D Physics, HTTP Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 6.4 Release Candidate Arrives With Added Modules For 3D Physics, HTTP Server

Phoronix: Qt 6.4 Release Candidate Arrives With Added Modules For 3D Physics, HTTP Server

Qt 6.4 is continuing to run on-schedule and out today is the release candidate ahead of the stable release expected around the end of the month...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

They have also reintroduced Qt-Speech
    Qt 6.4 reintroduces the Qt TextToSpeech module from Qt 5.​ This module wasn't present in Qt 6.3. It now uses the CMake build system and works with Qt 6.

Comment

Wait a minute, I thought HTML 5 file system access was a security risk?

Comment

Originally posted by hamishmb View Post
        Wait a minute, I thought HTML 5 file system access was a security risk?
        No need for panic. Nothing has changed. It still is a security risk.

Comment

I thought most browsers had disabled it ages ago, maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

It requires explicit user permission to access, but some "rich" html5 applications use it.

Comment

In https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/...tem_Access_API it's written:
              This API opens up potential functionality the web has been lacking. Still, security has been of utmost concern when designing the API, and access to file/directory data is disallowed unless the user specifically permits it.

Comment

Working...
              X