OBS Studio 28.0 Released With 10-Bit & HDR Video Encoding, Qt 6 Ported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBS Studio 28.0 Released With 10-Bit & HDR Video Encoding, Qt 6 Ported

Phoronix: OBS Studio 28.0 Released With 10-Bit & HDR Video Encoding, Qt 6 Ported

For the open-source software popular for screen-casting and videogame live-streaming, OBS Studio 28.0 was released today as a big feature update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Has any other software been ported to Qt 6 yet?
    I know about Qt 6 but I don't know about any Qt 6 software.

Maybe it would nice if VLC and LibreOffice were ported.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

Telegram, qBittorrent, pcsx2. That's what I use.

Comment

cmake, doxygen, mkvtoolnix, ogre3d, qjackctl

check Arch Linux - qt6-base 6.3.1-1 (x86_64)​ (Required By)

Comment

I wonder why so few software have been written in Qt 6 or ported to Qt 6.
          It seems only very few software use Qt 6.

Originally posted by Setif View Post

cmake, doxygen, mkvtoolnix, ogre3d, qjackctl

check Arch Linux - qt6-base 6.3.1-1 (x86_64)​ (Required By)
          Thanks. Qtractor too, a digital audio workstation.
          Last edited by uid313; 01 September 2022, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Have they fixed the it crashes every time you use it losing the unsaved video? Or least I recall very few times it has not done that for me when using it. Some of the time it works flawlessly for seemingly hours once you have let it get the first crash and burn out of the way. Too bad it is so random in the time it takes to do the crash, nice and quick at times then it fools you into thinking it is not going to do it then the crash wasting all that time.

Comment

Porting to Qt6 is a non-issue if Qt6 supports (AFAIK some Qt5 modules are yet to be ported) all the Qt features your app uses. Qt3 to Qt4 was a ton of work, Qt4 to Qt5 was easier.

Considering Qt6 under Linux breaks font antialiasing I'm not welcoming it at all: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-103488

Comment

Originally posted by redgreen925 View Post
                Have they fixed the it crashes every time you use it losing the unsaved video? Or least I recall very few times it has not done that for me when using it. Some of the time it works flawlessly for seemingly hours once you have let it get the first crash and burn out of the way. Too bad it is so random in the time it takes to do the crash, nice and quick at times then it fools you into thinking it is not going to do it then the crash wasting all that time.
                I'm using it from time to time on Windows to record my screen for QA reasons. I never had any crashes.

Comment

I am against Qt6 right now only because there is no Breeze theme available. KDE team has GTK4 port but no Qt6 port yet. I am forced to use strawberry-qt5 and qbittorrent-qt5 from AUR just to avoid Fusion looks.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
                    Considering Qt6 under Linux breaks font antialiasing I'm not welcoming it at all: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-103488
                    That's funny, because it means both major toolkits on Linux are going to drastically worsen the user experience, since GTK4 has no font anti-aliasing either!

Again, fun times ahead in Linux land...

Comment

Working...
                    X