OBS Studio 28.0 Released With 10-Bit & HDR Video Encoding, Qt 6 Ported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post

That's funny, because it means both major toolkits on Linux are going to drastically worsen the user experience, since GTK4 has no font anti-aliasing either!

Again, fun times ahead in Linux land...
    Please, in the "bug report" the only one who says that there is a bug is... Birdie himself...

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Has any other software been ported to Qt 6 yet?
      I know about Qt 6 but I don't know about any Qt 6 software.

Maybe it would nice if VLC and LibreOffice were ported.
      FeatherPad, FeatherNotes, Falkon (mostly), Viper Browser, Telegram, Doxygen, QBitTorrent, qt6ct (from qt5ct), Qt Linguist... just to name a couple off of the top of my head.
      Last edited by Vistaus; 01 September 2022, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

Porting to Qt6 is a non-issue if Qt6 supports (AFAIK some Qt5 modules are yet to be ported) all the Qt features your app uses. Qt3 to Qt4 was a ton of work, Qt4 to Qt5 was easier.

Considering Qt6 under Linux breaks font antialiasing I'm not welcoming it at all: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-103488
        I've used Qt6 Linguist a while ago and fonts looked fine to me. I'm on Wayland, though, so maybe it's an X11 issue.

Comment

Originally posted by baka0815 View Post

I'm using it from time to time on Windows to record my screen for QA reasons. I never had any crashes.
          Nice to know it works for some, that IS the only place I have ever used it and crashes as far as I can remember every time. In fact I do not think I can remember it every not doing so it has happened so many times, now when I think I want to use it I start it up let it do its thing until the crash happens then know I can get on with using it with some assurance it will do its job. It is only used on my machine that has windows installed , my laptop, and nothing else on the machine will crash at all, it is rock solid.

Comment

Originally posted by redgreen925 View Post

Nice to know it works for some, that IS the only place I have ever used it and crashes as far as I can remember every time. In fact I do not think I can remember it every not doing so it has happened so many times, now when I think I want to use it I start it up let it do its thing until the crash happens then know I can get on with using it with some assurance it will do its job. It is only used on my machine that has windows installed , my laptop, and nothing else on the machine will crash at all, it is rock solid.
            OBS Studio is hugely popular. Your system configuration can be solid everywhere else and still have something broken with OBS Studio. Common sense says nobody would use it if it randomly crashes frequently. Tons of people use it all the time. The "works for some" comment is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by pWe00Iri3e7Z9lHOX2Qx View Post

OBS Studio is hugely popular. Your system configuration can be solid everywhere else and still have something broken with OBS Studio. Common sense says nobody would use it if it randomly crashes frequently. Tons of people use it all the time. The "works for some" comment is ridiculous.
              And my experience shows me it only works for some people unless my machine is magically different from ever other machine on the planet, your comment is it works for me so you have to be wrong about what you experience every time it is used. Enough of the trolls.

Comment

Originally posted by redgreen925 View Post

And my experience shows me it only works for some people unless my machine is magically different from ever other machine on the planet, your comment is it works for me so you have to be wrong about what you experience every time it is used. Enough of the trolls.
                You don't appear to know what trolling means. I'm not saying "works for me" (although it does, on multiple machines and platforms). I'm boldly proclaiming that it works for the overwhelming majority of people. It doesn't work for you and likely some insignificant percent of their user base. This isn't complicated. Projects don't become this popular or widely used if even a moderate % of users face constant basic stability issues like you describe. Saying "works for some" directly implies that it does NOT work for most. That's just myopic asinine bullshit. Also, did you file a bug so they can try to reproduce and potentially help anyone else who might have the same root cause?

Comment

I use OBS to record VHS on a USB to RCA dongle...

I have a Radeon RX 6700

Does this update in any way help me if I use Windows since the update is only for Windows client

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

Porting to Qt6 is a non-issue if Qt6 supports (AFAIK some Qt5 modules are yet to be ported) all the Qt features your app uses. Qt3 to Qt4 was a ton of work, Qt4 to Qt5 was easier.

Considering Qt6 under Linux breaks font antialiasing I'm not welcoming it at all: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-103488
                    rgb font antialiasing, whyyyyy... is it just me, or does the usual RGB or subpixel font antialiasing look absolutely awful, reminiscent of Amiga HAM display modes with colour aliasing? I've never used anything other than greyscale, and it looks nice. So many times I see screenshots of Windows with RGB antialiased fonts and ughhh.. bin. edit: and of course the same is true for Linux desktops using RGB font antialiasing.
                    (end random rant)
                    Last edited by lem79; 01 September 2022, 08:12 PM. Reason: RGB font AA on Linux is crap too.

Comment

> OBS Studio 28.0 is a big step foeward

typo

Comment

Working...
                      X