Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIMP 2.99.12 Released - "A Huge Milestone Towards GIMP 3.0"

Phoronix: GIMP 2.99.12 Released - "A Huge Milestone Towards GIMP 3.0"

GIMP 2.99.12 is out as a weekend surprise as the newest development release towards the GIMP 3.0 image manipulation program's release...

https://www.phoronix.com/news/GIMP-2.99.12-Released

I can't be the only one who finds it funny that the GIMP is (still) 2 major releases behind the GIMP ToolKit....

(And yes I understand that upgrading an application like The GIMP to an updated version of the toolkit is a major undertaking, and I believe the upgrade from 3 to 4 might be a little bit easier -- at least I hope so for them)

Comment

Is this news has something to do with latest Redhat decision about dropping gtk2?

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post
        Is this news has something to do with latest Redhat decision about dropping gtk2?
        No, it's a process going on for the past 10 years.

Comment

Sometimes you've gotta just say: "we're moving to the new codebase". Even if you don't release any new versions for a year...

Comment

Lit a fire under their arses? "Surprise, surprise, surpise." - Gomer Pyle

Comment

I would say it is interesting, but I lost interest in anything gimp a long time ago

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
                I would say it is interesting, but I lost interest in anything gimp a long time ago
                Horrible. GIMP is the one of the best image editors. I wouldn't even touch photoshop with a stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
                  Are you kid? with all gegl stuff so fast, it's impressive

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post

No, it's a process going on for the past 10 years.
                    Stating the obvious isn't really helpful, I'm talking about the two news article and "now"

Comment

Working...
                    X