Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Makes It Easy To Now Remap Extra Mouse Buttons, Discover Keeps Getting Better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dr_wix View Post
    PS: I implemented this functionality. And would love feedback on this feature or on Kate in general. Thanks
    No, thank you.

While I don't know how far back your work on Kate goes, over a decade ago Kate was my first dip into the KDE waters way back when Gedit went from GTK2 to 3 since it was lightweight, full featured, did everything I used Gedit for, and didn't look like a GTK3 abomination. While there were a lot of things about GNOME 3 that I didn't like but was trying to tolerate and learn to live with, the changes to Gedit were more than I could handle.

This was back when Mate was a pipe dream and its forks of GNOME software didn't exist. By the time Mate was up and running I was using mostly KDE programs on an XFCE base. When XFCE moved to GTK3 I moved to KDE Plasma. Been there ever since. This past decade with KDE Plasma is the longest I've settled on a desktop environment.

I literally dumped the GNOME ecosystem due to Gedit and picked up the KDE ecosystem due to Kate. It's funny how something as seemingly mundane as a text editor can affect someone's decision making process so much.

Comment

Originally posted by dr_wix View Post
      PS: I implemented this functionality. And would love feedback on this feature or on Kate in general. Thanks
      Thanks a lot for any development you've done on Kate! Its is really my workhorse, I spend 8 hours a day in front of it for bash, awk, Python or C++ development as well as some Latex when I'm not using Kile and many text files (as well as massive ascii data files).

Comment

> "- The Kate text editor now has a keyboard macro feature."

Record/run macros feature in Kate!!! I'm sooooooo happy

After I tried Notepad++ macros record/run - every other text editor without it seems to be not feature complete

Now Kate is almost perfect Or maybe... There is another feature that I would very welcome: Table Of Content window for markdown files

Comment

Originally posted by Nth_man View Post

In https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/ka...commits/master I'm seeing non-automated code commits, made recently 🤔.
          I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post

I don't.
            Heiko Becker on 2022-09-02?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxad0127 View Post

Heiko Becker on 2022-09-02?
              If you think that changing version numbers in AppData files is not an automated process, you're out of your mind. Just because the script ran locally, doesn't mean that Heiko touched each file by hand.

And it's just a metadata and not a code change, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post

If you think that changing version numbers in AppData files is not an automated process, you're out of your mind. Just because the script ran locally, doesn't mean that Heiko touched each file by hand.

And it's just a metadata and not a code change, btw.
                Now that I'm on a desktop, how about this: https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/ka...fd68a18b6f96a1

But yeah, looks like a project that is just being maintained, not actively developed.

Comment

I actually did something cool with this feature: https://xpam.pl/blog/?p=422

Comment

Working...
                  X