No announcement yet.

NetworkManager 1.40 Released With Multi-Path TCP Support, Other Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NetworkManager 1.40 Released With Multi-Path TCP Support, Other Improvements

Phoronix: NetworkManager 1.40 Released With Multi-Path TCP Support, Other Improvements

NetworkManager 1.40 has been released as this widely-used software for configuring wired and wireless network interfaces under Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder if Gnome will fix the bug where DNS search domains are not configurable when using DHCP. KDE doesn't have that bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Rose View Post
      I wonder if Gnome will fix the bug where DNS search domains are not configurable when using DHCP. KDE doesn't have that bug.
      What is the link to this bug report?

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

What is the link to this bug report?
        Ubuntu 19.04 uses the gnome-control-panel's network manager, and it is missing the feature of adding "Additional Search Domains". Here's that feature as it looked in Ubuntu...

Comment

When will it be available in Ubuntu repositories?

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisS. View Post
            When will it be available in Ubuntu repositories?
            Next Ubuntu release or the one after that, as with almost every other software. That's how fixed-release distributions work.

Comment

"You're using it wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

"You're using it wrong."
                All I wanted to do is show users how to configure split horizon DNS for a VPN connection.

In KDE, you can simply add ~example.net to the search domains for the connection to send all queries for domains under example.net to that connection's DNS server(s).

In Gnome, they removed that ability and users have to drop to the CLI to accomplish the same thing. I have no idea why. Gnome has a habit of hiding configurability, which makes simple things difficult.

Comment

All I wanted to do is show users how to configure split horizon DNS for a VPN connection.

In KDE, you can simply add ~example.net to the search domains for the connection to send all queries for domains under example.net to that connection's DNS server(s).

In Gnome, they removed that ability and users have to drop to the CLI to accomplish the same thing. I have no idea why. Gnome has a habit of hiding configurability, which makes simple things difficult.
                  I know and I support your request, you just didn't get my stereotypical joke.

Comment

Debian sid is already shipping network manager 1.40:

$ nmcli --version
                    nmcli tool, version 1.40.0

Comment

Working...
                    X