Wine-Based CrossOver 22 Released For Enjoying Windows Apps & Games On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine-Based CrossOver 22 Released For Enjoying Windows Apps & Games On Linux

Phoronix: Wine-Based CrossOver 22 Released For Enjoying Windows Apps & Games On Linux

CodeWeavers today announced the availability of their Wine-based CrossOver 22 software for enjoying Windows applications and games atop Linux, ChromeOS, and macOS...

https://www.phoronix.com/news/CodeWeavers-CrossOver-22

and has a number of targeted macOS improvements for better gaming performance
    Thanks to our Lord & Savior GabeN, we no longer depend on pure WINE...

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post
      ...which is not entirely true since Proton doesn't exist on macOS

Comment

Abandon Mac and enjoy Linux. Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post

I use distro-packaged Wine Staging primarily for things not on Steam, and Proton for things in Steam. WoW and D2R are the most notable of what I play non-Steam, and they work fine on Staging.

For example, I have detailed notes for D2R that also sets up NGX and DLSS, and generally can use a similar template for other games. I imagine something similar can be set-up in Lutris, but I don't like the idea of obfuscating what's going on and blind-trust, having to RE someone else's work, or having to reference multiple sources if I need to redeploy it.

I'm used to distro-packaged Wine and used it for years prior to Proton being a thing, so I'm sure that helps my preference But I imagine someone going off YT videos for Linux gaming as of lately will benefit greatly from doing it from Lutris.

Comment

Michael

I'm not sure what was meant by "Wine?Proton".

Comment

Originally posted by JEBjames View Post
              Michael

I'm not sure what was meant by "Wine?Proton".
              Code:
              if (Wine) Proton();

Comment

hopefully we will soon be able to use some qemu + venus with moltenvk for using it on mac, oh well, I use mac in a VM anyways

Comment

Originally posted by OmniNegro View Post
                  Abandon Mac and enjoy Linux. Problem solved.
                  I thought it would be clear that this was meant as pro-Linux & contra-Mac, but I obviously forgot that I'm surrounded by autists around here...

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post

I use distro-packaged Wine Staging primarily for things not on Steam, and Proton for things in Steam. WoW and D2R are the most notable of what I play non-Steam, and they work fine on Staging.

For example, I have detailed notes for D2R that also sets up NGX and DLSS, and generally can use a similar template for other games. I imagine something similar can be set-up in Lutris, but I don't like the idea of obfuscating what's going on and blind-trust, having to RE someone else's work, or having to reference multiple sources if I need to redeploy it.

I'm used to distro-packaged Wine and used it for years prior to Proton being a thing, so I'm sure that helps my preference But I imagine someone going off YT videos for Linux gaming as of lately will benefit greatly from doing it from Lutris.
                    Using the Lutris-GE versions provided by the glorious GloriousEggroll is always preferable;
                    latest example of failing on WINE-Staging but working flawlessly on his custom versions:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly 1.5.2

Comment

Working...
                    X