Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SDL 2.24 Released With New APIs, D3D12 Renderer Work On Windows, New Linux Hints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDL 2.24 Released With New APIs, D3D12 Renderer Work On Windows, New Linux Hints

Phoronix: SDL 2.24 Released With New APIs, D3D12 Renderer Work On Windows, New Linux Hints

SDL 2.24 has been released as the newest update to this widely-used abstraction layer library commonly used by cross-platform games, including heavily by games on Steam...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    On the Linux side, SDL 2.24 has removed XVidMode support in favor of using XRandR exclusively to change modes, various new hints around Wayland video mode emulation, hats, and the KMS/DRM device to use.
    Looks like Team Fortress 2's accessories have been merged upstream.

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post

Looks like Team Fortress 2's accessories have been merged upstream.
      I can't understand what do they mean with "hat".

Comment

does valve still use sdl2?

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post

Team Fortress 2 aka the hat simulator.[1] [2]

(Nevermind, you weren't asking about the comment here. My bad.)

Originally posted by Mangix View Post
          does valve still use sdl2?
          Yes.
          Last edited by eyesore; 19 August 2022, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Nice! I'll finally be able to use SDL_ResetKeyboard() for my rhythm game.

Comment

I am really happy that development on SDL2 has been reinvigorated. I've been amazed that I can recompile some very crufty old SDL2 apps against newer revisions with no changes to the code and end up with completely native Wayland apps. Bravo!

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post

I might be wrong but I think it refers to game controller or joystick hat. I think in modern game controllers, it's the right analog stick?

Comment

Working...
                X