Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Gear - KDE Applications - 22.08 Released

Phoronix: KDE Gear - KDE Applications - 22.08 Released

For what used to be known as part of the KDE Software Compilation... Then most recently the straight-forward KDE Applications name to refer to the set of official KDE applications... Now KDE Gear is the new name for the official set of KDE applications. KDE Gear 22.08 is out today as the first release under the new name...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Clarification: This is not the first release with the name KDE Gear. The first one bearing this new name was 21.04, which is when Michael stopped announcing these releases until today.

Comment

What a straightforward, or rather uncreative name you got there...

Be careful you don't want to have bugs get caught up between gears and stop the entire thing...

Comment

I really like KDE. I HATE MARKETING.

Comment

Multi-cursor support in Kate is a nice addition. Just one small correction, Spectacle has had global keyboard shortcuts for a long time. Now they show you what the keyboard shortcuts are in the capture mode drop down for better discoverability like they do in most KDE app menus.

Comment

Originally posted by Brook-trout View Post
            I really like KDE. I HATE MARKETING.
            A few years ago some Gnome marketing guy virtually said that customization is bad because when people view random screenshots on the internet, they wouldn't know that they are looking at Gnome.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
              Overall, KDE Gear 22.08 looks like a great release besides the name.
              I like it. And considering how subjective something like that is, maybe you should let readers decide for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

I like it. And considering how subjective something like that is, maybe you should let readers decide for themselves.
                If 'phoronix' can't have a opinion there wouldn't be anything to agree or disagree with now would there?

Comment

I didn't catch KDE Gear either...probably because KDE Gear sounds like a store that sells KDE themed stuff and my brain runs an anti-capitalism filter these days. When you're an American and get bombarded with so many advertisements everyday you have to develop a strategy to deal with all of it.

Comment

Love Kate as a text editor with embedded Konsole support!

Comment

Working...
                    X