Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Kicks Off August With More Desktop Bug Fixes

Phoronix: KDE Kicks Off August With More Bug Desktop Fixes

KDE developers have started the month of August to a lot of fixes and polishing for the Plasma desktop...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Man, i missed the title "KDE released new version with Wayland fixes", or something like that...

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post
      Man, i missed the title "KDE released new version with Wayland fixes", or something like that...
      Yeah, I feel that the biggest news from KDE desktop environment are the bug fixes.

Comment

And compare This week in KDE to This week in Gnome. They never mention bug fixed because there's simply no need for that.

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post
          And compare This week in KDE to This week in Gnome. They never mention bug fixed because there's simply no need for that.
          Just know, as long as humans develops nothing is perfect because humans aren't perfect. The more complicated the job, the harder the perfection will deviate. Bugs are always welcome because of this and bug fixes are appreciated for being announced.
          I am not defending KDE, their track record speaks for itself and same with GNOME which isn't perfect either.

Comment

Originally posted by Sethox View Post

Just know, as long as humans develops nothing is perfect because humans aren't perfect. The more complicated the job, the harder the perfection will deviate. Bugs are always welcome because of this and bug fixes are appreciated for being announced.
            I am not defending KDE, their track record speaks for itself and same with GNOME which isn't perfect either.
            I'm not saying either of the projects are perfect, but when I see something like "Fixed a Wayland bug that sometimes crashes this or that" almost every week, it doesn't make me faithful in the project.
            Last edited by user1; 06 August 2022, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Because they consider their bugs as features and don't give a shit at users' requests.

Comment

Of course there are no bugs to fix in GNOME, because there are no features (to have bugs) !

Comment

Originally posted by ALRBP View Post

Of course there are no bugs to fix in GNOME, because there are no features (to have bugs) !
                  If Gnome doesn't have features, then what do you think they report in "This week in Gnome"?

Comment

If Gnome doesn't have features, then what do you think they report in "This week in Gnome"?
                    What remaining feature they removed now, that I like to use on my desktops?

Comment

Working...
                    X