No announcement yet.

OBS Studio 28 Beta 1 Brings 10-bit & HDR Video Encoding, Qt6 Toolkit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I worked on HDR support for OBS, and the beta actually has more HDR functionality on Linux than you might think. The program can still be set to Rec. 2100 to mix in HDR space, and a couple encoders will output HDR data (NVENC, software AV1 IIRC). The main limitations are the lack of HDR sources (I think Linux only has Media Source for HDR currently), and all display previews being tonemapped to SDR for sanity until Wayland and friends come up to speed. UVC HDR capture might also be on the table before the beta ends if any capture device can be verified to enumerate and output HDR.

Comment

Originally posted by rcdrone View Post
      UVC HDR capture might also be on the table before the beta ends if any capture device can be verified to enumerate and output HDR.
      The Logitech Brio 4k has HDR as a feature IIRC and is a UVC device?

I can get access to one if that is helpful. I am not familiar with what is required to perform the verification though. Enumeration and output for HDR can be checked via CLI?

Comment

OBS will print formats if you run it with verbose logging (obs -v), and select the V4L2 device in source properties.

It looks like the Elgato HD60 X is trying to offer P010 (30313050 in reverse ASCII), but Ubuntu 22.04 doesn't understand it:

info: v4l2-input: Pixelformat: Y/CbCr 4:2:0 (available) <- This is NV12
        info: v4l2-input: Pixelformat: 30313050-0000-0010-8000-00aa003 (unavailable) <- This is probably P010

I think P010 support was added to V4L2 on Jun 20 with commit 5374d8fb75f313294c7d97e85c22bead34d63f2b. It might be a while before it trickles down.

Comment

Working...
        X