GNOME Console Could Be Ubuntu 22.10's GNOME Terminal Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by openminded View Post
    Lmao Gnome apps keep losing features... Will this never ending story of simplification be over some day?
    Linux users: things should do one thing and do it well systemd must die enough with the features.
    Also Linux users: wait why is GNOME dropping features?

(Sorry for the trolling, but the irony...)

Comment

Originally posted by sinepgib View Post

Linux users: things should do one thing and do it well systemd must die enough with the features.
      Also Linux users: wait why is GNOME dropping features?
      You drop features from thing a, and add features to thing b, so the user can simply use thing b and not lose any features.

Why is that hard to understand?

Comment

Originally posted by felipec View Post
        If you attempt for everyone to like you, then nobody will like you (except for the people that like everybody).

You pretend you want "solid figures", but any figures I give you you will reject (unless they match your preconceived notions).
        You described yourself very well here.

Either way, here are the relevant desktop environment statistics for the actual most popular distribution today: pkgstats.
        My problem with this is
        1. How is Arch the most popular distribution today? I'm using Arch by the way
        2. That tool is opt-in. And I've never heard about it (while using Arch for years). So I must assume that average Joe doesn't install it. Only people that want to communicate their choices. Thus, the stats are biased.

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post

You described yourself very well here.
          No I didn't. I'm the exact opposite: if my beliefs don't match the data, I adjust my beliefs.

Comment

No I didn't. I'm the exact opposite: if my beliefs don't match the data, I adjust my beliefs.
            You just obviously ignored data from Debian that disagreed with your beliefs, then went and found data from Arch that reinforced your beliefs. You can't really be that self-deluded, can you?

I really can't tell if you're trolling, or if you actually believe you are engaging in the conversation honestly. If it's the former then kudos, but if not you should really go outside or pet a cat or something.

Comment

Originally posted by andyholmes View Post

You just obviously ignored data from Debian that disagreed with your beliefs...
              What is "obvious" to you isn't true.

Comment

I really can't tell if you're trolling, or if you actually believe you are engaging in the conversation honestly. If it's the former then kudos, but if not you should really go outside or pet a cat or something.
                It's an obvious troll. I'll stop feeding it.

Comment

What is "obvious" to you isn't true.
                  Mmm, no it definitely is both true and obvious. It's a matter of written record at this point.

GNOME3 happened, the sky didn't fall, and all the adults moved on with their lives as they saw fit. GNOME Console is happening, the sky won't fall, and all the adults will select the terminal they see fit.

Maybe it's time you hang up the old "END IS NIGH" sandwich board and join them.

Comment

Mmm, no it definitely is both true and obvious.
                    In your opinion, which is wrong.

It's a matter of written record at this point.
                    Ditto.

Elevating your opinions to facts does not actually make your opinions facts.

The brighter days of GNOME are in the past, and anyone with a pair of eyes can see that.

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

Because GNOME doesn't just ascribe to the CADT model of development, they're what it was coined for.
                      That's fantastic. I can't believe jwz wrote that 19 years ago and it still seems to be so true today.

Comment

Working...
                      X