GNOME 43 Alpha Released With Browser Improvements, More GTK 4 Porting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 43 Alpha Released With Browser Improvements, More GTK 4 Porting

Phoronix: GNOME 43 Alpha Released With Browser Improvements, More GTK 4 Porting

Released this morning was the alpha of the GNOME 43 desktop...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Go GNOME!
    But also: could you please give us a fucking app indicator you bloody IDIOTS?
    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
      Go GNOME!
      Thanks
      I heard they were working on new app indicator, which will be compatible with KDE and other desktop. At least they have given us the option to choose audio device from drop down power menu.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        Phoronix: GNOME 43 Alpha Released With Browser Improvements, More GTK 4 Porting

Released this morning was the alpha of the GNOME 43 desktop...

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...GNOME-43-Alpha
        Hey Michael,

With all of the browser improvements over the years, maybe you should consider doing a web browser review focusing primarily on GNOME Web. Performance numbers compared to Chrome and FF, perhaps, but how does GNOME Web stack up in other ways browsing sites?

Comment

Originally posted by ezst036 View Post

Hey Michael,

With all of the browser improvements over the years, maybe you should consider doing a web browser review focusing primarily on GNOME Web. Performance numbers compared to Chrome and FF, perhaps, but how does GNOME Web stack up in other ways browsing sites?
          GNOME Web sucks. If you want an actual good GTK browser similar to GNOME Web, then Eolie is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
            GNOME Web sucks.
            Yeah, that's what I keep hearing all the time. A big reason why I read Phoronix though is to see the raw numbers rather than just the rumors!

Comment

Originally posted by johanb View Post

Yeah, that's what I keep hearing all the time. A big reason why I read Phoronix though is to see the raw numbers rather than just the rumors!
              It's not really about numbers. GNOME Web is plenty fast and compatible, it just lacks so, so much. I know the goal is to make a simple browser, but simple doesn't have to mean featureless. Eolie proves that. Its interface also makes more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
                Go GNOME!
                Thanks
                Would it be possible for you to open an issue in gnome-shell bug tracker? I'll upvote it.

Comment

Originally posted by ClosedSource View Post

Would it be possible for you to open an issue in gnome-shell bug tracker? I'll upvote it.
                  The issue already exists. It is blocked on design and agreeing with every other party.

A recent comment from a gnome person in a related issue/merge request: There is little point in implementing something unless atleast Ubuntu promise they will implement it (as that is the majority of gnome users).

The free desktop issue and merge request got massively bogged down by other implementers wanting ponies (and also needing to explore which menu system should be used).

Comment

Can I please have a link to the bug report?

Comment

Working...
                    X