Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME Shell + Mutter 43 Alpha Released

Phoronix: GNOME Shell + Mutter 43 Alpha Released

In gearing up for the GNOME 43 Alpha release coming out soon, this weekend marked the release of the new alpha versions of GNOME Shell and Mutter...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Could the GNOME GitLab instead be referenced? Their repos on GitHub are a read-only mirror of those on https://gitlab.gnome.org

Comment

Showing of WireGuard connections in the VPN list.
      GNOME developers, THANK YOU. I've been waiting for this for a long time. Wireguard is just amazing and I'm glad we can finally have some kind of integration on GNOME.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilHowl View Post

GNOME developers, THANK YOU. I've been waiting for this for a long time. Wireguard is just amazing and I'm glad we can finally have some kind of integration on GNOME.
        Hm? I wonder, isn't GNOME using NetworkManager?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilHowl View Post
          KDE^WNetworkManager users be like - you guys didn't have WireGuard listed?

Comment

Can it run in Wayland-only mode without X and XWayland?

I would like a low contrast theme which is very nice during evening and nights. I use the gruvbox-material-theme (which uses the Gruvbox palette) which is very pleasant to the eyes, but with GTK4 apps which often use libadwaita I can no longer use themes.

Comment

Support for HDR output on Linux thing is taking ages..
              ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by reba View Post

Hm? I wonder, isn't GNOME using NetworkManager?
                Yes. Looking at the merge request, it looks like GNOME Shell can now read any Wireguard information that NetworkManager can provide.

Comment

Nice little release. Mainly fixes and whatnot. To me that's the best kind of release. I ran a vanilla or nearly vanilla GNOME the other day, not sure which, whatever comes with CentOS 9, and actually found myself enjoying it. If GNOME simply added GNOME Tweaks and some taskbar and system tray plugins I could make it work. Why won't y'all add the stuff in that lets me use my computer in an enjoyable manner by default? Not all of us like mousing with Hot Cornered, Gestured, Full Screen, App Changey, Bullcrap. Not all of us want to mess with plugins. I've used GNOME, been there, done that, and then, unfortunately, I updated and had to start over & wait/hope plugins updated, too. And that thingamajig called GNOME Classic does not count. So close to something I consider usable. Tweaks. Taskbar. System Tray. Pretty Please.

How come GNOME related headlines don't have nearly as many extra phrases like "Making Great Strides" or "With More Fixes This Week" or "Coming With Even More Wayland Fixes" like KDE gets week after week after week? Even if they're positive, those extra phrases become negative when they seem to only work one way.

Can KDE get a simple headline like "This Week in KDE: $DATE" every Sunday? We all know there will be fixes and Wayland work. Plus it forces people to read the article instead of reading the headline and going straight to the comments.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                    Can KDE get a simple headline like "This Week in KDE: $DATE" every Sunday? We all know there will be fixes and Wayland work. Plus it forces people to read the article instead of reading the headline and going straight to the comments.
                    Don't expect people to know as much as you do. Not all the reader are long time reader

Comment

Working...
                    X