Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Kicks Off July With UI Polishing, Bug Fixing

Phoronix: KDE Kicks Off July With UI Polishing, Bug Fixing

The summer months aren't slowing down KDE developers as it's been another busy week of bug fixes and feature work for KDE developers to kick off July...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Webcams no longer inappropriately appear in Skanpage’s list of scanners (Alexander Stippich, Skanpage 22.08)
    Lol, I did actually experience this bug once… on Simple Scan, which I used before Skanpage was a thing. I've never seen this happen on Skanpage.

The list of recent documents in the GTK file dialog is no longer inappropriately cleared after using certain KDE apps (Méven Car, Frameworks 5.96)
    Nice fix, I was somewhat annoyed by the recent files getting cleared at random, but it didn't occur to me that this might be a KDE bug.

Comment

Looks like the number of Wayland session crashes has shrunk. I personally btw. had none in ages.

Comment

2 showstoppers preventing me from switching to Wayland are touchpad gestures customisation and session restoration. Except these things, everything else (from my POV) looks quite acceptable. 5.25 is awesome!

Comment

one of the things I wish would work would be mpv-paper. which somewhat works, until you actually click the background. I suspect if there was a way to disable KDE wallpaper service altogether it could work well.

I seem to be experiencing crashes when I compile some ram or cpu heavy programs, and sometimes when gaming the compositor gets stuttery, haven't bothered filing bug reports since I find kde's bug tracker to annoying to use, and I can't tell if the problems have been reported yet or not

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
            Looks like the number of Wayland session crashes has shrunk. I personally btw. had none in ages.
            It has improved a lot, don’t get me wrong, but I still get a plasma crash every time both my displayport screens go off for idling. That out of the way, it is nowadays otherwise perfectly usable, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by funforums View Post
              It has improved a lot, don’t get me wrong, but I still get a plasma crash every time both my displayport screens go off for idling. That out of the way, it is nowadays otherwise perfectly usable, imo.
              Yes, multi-display is far more difficult. Hopefully this one will get calm(er) too with point releases of this and next version.

Comment

Working...
              X