Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by furtadopires View Post
    ok but HOW TO QUIT?
    Below are some simple methods for exiting vim. Contribute to hakluke/how-to-exit-vim development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

So what did they do? sed all the sleep()'s ?

Comment

So now it's using byte code, but not JIT?

Comment

Cool, but I left him years ago for neovim and haven't looked back. Having a true async framework makes intensive stuff like coc-nvim run much better.

Comment

Originally posted by partcyborg View Post
            Cool, but I left him years ago for neovim and haven't looked back. Having a true async framework makes intensive stuff like coc-nvim run much better.
            It's nice to see the improvements flow back tho. A lot of people have working plugins and all that that were made with Vim in mind and thus don't really exploit the advantages of NeoVim. Maybe this can help them get part of the winnings.

Comment

Originally posted by sinepgib View Post

It's nice to see the improvements flow back tho. A lot of people have working plugins and all that that were made with Vim in mind and thus don't really exploit the advantages of NeoVim. Maybe this can help them get part of the winnings.
              NeoVim doesn't plan to support vim 9's new script so this effectively fragments the plugin ecosystem.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCycoONE View Post
                NeoVim doesn't plan to support vim 9's new script so this effectively fragments the plugin ecosystem.
                It does. And LuaJIT did already too. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying fragmentation is a good thing, but this is a different case from what my comment addresses.
                They should have gone with LuaJIT probably.
                Maybe "get part of the winnings" was ambiguous. I meant mostly performance-wise.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCycoONE View Post

Good.

Fragmentation in the ecosystem is important, just as diversity in society.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuc!eoN View Post

Good.

Diversity does not mean fragmentation.

Diversity means different, it can be that their implementation is different or one provides additional functionalities
                    in additional to standard ones.

In this case, neovim can simply implement the vim9 script while providing all the other features, like lua binding and other async support.
                    It could also provide a better vim9 script implementation that is better than vim.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuc!eoN View Post
                      Good.

Fragmentation is one of the reasons Linux will never make it on the desktop

Comment

Working...
                      X