Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vim 9.0 Released With New Vim9 Script For 10~100x Execution Speed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Originally posted by furtadopires View Post
    ok but HOW TO QUIT?
    Below are some simple methods for exiting vim. Contribute to hakluke/how-to-exit-vim development by creating an account on GitHub.

    Comment


    • #12
      So what did they do? sed all the sleep()'s ?

      Comment


      • #13
        So now it's using byte code, but not JIT?

        Comment


        • #14
          Cool, but I left him years ago for neovim and haven't looked back. Having a true async framework makes intensive stuff like coc-nvim run much better.

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by partcyborg View Post
            Cool, but I left him years ago for neovim and haven't looked back. Having a true async framework makes intensive stuff like coc-nvim run much better.
            It's nice to see the improvements flow back tho. A lot of people have working plugins and all that that were made with Vim in mind and thus don't really exploit the advantages of NeoVim. Maybe this can help them get part of the winnings.

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by sinepgib View Post

              It's nice to see the improvements flow back tho. A lot of people have working plugins and all that that were made with Vim in mind and thus don't really exploit the advantages of NeoVim. Maybe this can help them get part of the winnings.
              NeoVim doesn't plan to support vim 9's new script so this effectively fragments the plugin ecosystem.

              Comment


              • #17
                Originally posted by TheCycoONE View Post
                NeoVim doesn't plan to support vim 9's new script so this effectively fragments the plugin ecosystem.
                It does. And LuaJIT did already too. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying fragmentation is a good thing, but this is a different case from what my comment addresses.
                They should have gone with LuaJIT probably.
                Maybe "get part of the winnings" was ambiguous. I meant mostly performance-wise.

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by TheCycoONE View Post

                  NeoVim doesn't plan to support vim 9's new script so this effectively fragments the plugin ecosystem.
                  Good.

                  Fragmentation in the ecosystem is important, just as diversity in society.

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Originally posted by Nuc!eoN View Post

                    Good.

                    Fragmentation in the ecosystem is important, just as diversity in society.
                    Diversity does not mean fragmentation.

                    Diversity means different, it can be that their implementation is different or one provides additional functionalities
                    in additional to standard ones.

                    In this case, neovim can simply implement the vim9 script while providing all the other features, like lua binding and other async support.
                    It could also provide a better vim9 script implementation that is better than vim.

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Originally posted by Nuc!eoN View Post
                      Good.

                      Fragmentation in the ecosystem is important, just as diversity in society.
                      Fragmentation is one of the reasons Linux will never make it on the desktop

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X