Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Fixed Many Bugs With Plasma 5.25.1, More Fixes On The Way

Phoronix: KDE Fixed Many Bugs With Plasma 5.25.1, More Fixes On The Way

KDE released Plasma 5.25.1 this week with the first batch of bug fixes to the Plasma 5.25 desktop while yet more fixes are coming down the pipe to Plasma and other KDE software components...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Under Plasma Wayland there is now the ability to display middle-click paste from the KDE System Settings area.
    I take it that's supposed to say "disable". It's not middle-click paste I have an issue with, but KDE's insistence on creating a bloody note when you do it on the desktop. It's way too easy to do by mistake with a touchpad. Is that any way to disable that specifically?

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post

I take it that's supposed to say "disable". It's not middle-click paste I have an issue with, but KDE's insistence on creating a bloody note when you do it on the desktop. It's way too easy to do by mistake with a touchpad. Is that any way to disable that specifically?
      Right-click on desktop > Configure desktop and wallpaper > Mouse actions > Middle button > delete it by clicking on the minus icon.
      Last edited by ngraham; 25 June 2022, 11:29 AM.

Comment

I can't get warm with Plasma. I used it for several weeks and basic things like the calculator don't work as they should. Also things like the webcam app is slow as hell and delivering only very few fps.
        I switched to Gnome again and this year I will buy a MacBook and say goodby to the Linux desktop after 11 years!

Comment

Originally posted by Steffo View Post
          I can't get warm with Plasma. I used it for several weeks and basic things like the calculator don't work as they should. Also things like the webcam app is slow as hell and delivering only very few fps.
          I switched to Gnome again and this year I will buy a MacBook and say goodby to the Linux desktop after 11 years!
          I'm writing this with Kubuntu 22.04 and don't see any of the problems that you mention, Kamoso works well and also KCalc. Perhaps you want to try a virtual machine downloading it from https://www.linuxvmimages.com/images/kubuntu-2204

Comment

I don't have problems with these programs either, but I normally don't open KCalc any more, because using Krunner is much simpler and quicker!

Comment

Originally posted by Nth_man View Post

I'm writing this with Kubuntu 22.04 and don't see any of the problems that you mention, Kamoso works well and also KCalc. Perhaps you want to try a virtual machine downloading it from https://www.linuxvmimages.com/images/kubuntu-2204
              This might depend on the KDE Frameworks and KDE Plasma version. Never the less: One reporter uses Arch Linux, another reporter Fedora and I was using openSUSE Tumbleweed.
              So, do you want to say, that the problem is in the distribution? I don't think so...

Comment

People normally use KDE Plasma without those problems, I've been using Kubuntu for fifteen years and never seen those problems, anyone can use that virtual machine and see it for himself.

Also, a live USB memory (with the same software) can be used to boot a computer and see how it works.

Comment

I hope Fedora upgrades to 5.25 soon after the .2 release on Tuesday.

Comment

I've not had any issues with Kcalc, coz mostly I directly do simple math using Krunner, and Kamoso was ok the last time I tried it. In fact, I recently faced an issue with Gnome's calc behaving in a way I was not used to. That doesn't mean you have not faced the issues you've mentioned above. Sometimes, hardware can be the issue (nVidia, cough cough... ). Sometimes, it's years of using one piece of software and getting used to its design that you expect the same behavior from other similar software.

If Gnome or MacOS works better for you, great. For me personally, they are highly restrictive environments. Even though I often (am required to) work on all three, I absolutely cannot stand Gnome, let alone MacOS. KDE works well for me, coz I can set it up such that it aids my workflow.

Desktop environment preference is a highly subjective thing. KDE may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I'm happy that it's still around, especially after the 4.xx shitshow. Wouldn't you rather have multiple choices, than have one desktop that fits (forces) all?

Comment

Working...
                    X