Qt 6.4 Beta Released With HTTP Server & 3D Physics Modules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rmnscnce View Post

If you're talking about the addition of HTTP server in Qt, don't worry. Apps are not required to link to it.
    That's right, if you don't need it, you don't use it. If you need it, you have it available and you can use it.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      I wonder when will Qt become an operating system...
      What do you mean by when? It was meant to be the next Nokia phone-OS before they went all in on the Windows Phone Titanic. Also there was BB10 that was QNX+Qt, and the Jolla phone, and the KDE phone. Though Qt has never had a kernel, it was just the API layer, so like the Java API in Android.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        I wonder when will Qt become an operating system...
        And when it does, it's powered by systemd all the way

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
          What do you mean by when? It was meant to be the next Nokia phone-OS (...)
          /me smiles in Sailfish OS

(In its glorious Qt 5.6.3. But still!)

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
            Sure, but why not just use a 3rd party library? I find it a bit unnecessary for Qt itself to have this. Just one more thing to maintain for a rather niche use.
            Ontop of what rmnscnce said, due to the design of C++ it ends up being a lot more practical for Qt to have the "everything but the kitchen sink" approach. This way they can better guarantee that the libraries/features play well together.

Also do note that Qt is cross platform (and by cross platform I mean proper cross platform not like GTK) and they also have large amount of business that use Qt which puts further pressure in this regard.

Comment

Is there still anything open source in qt? Or just qt with fancy prop. modules?

Comment

Working...
              X