Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Developers Prepare More Fixes Ahead Of Plasma 5.25, Early Feature Work On 5.26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Developers Prepare More Fixes Ahead Of Plasma 5.25, Early Feature Work On 5.26

Phoronix: KDE Developers Prepare More Fixes Ahead Of Plasma 5.25, Early Feature Work On 5.26

Ahead of the KDE Plasma 5.25 desktop release next week, KDE developers have been busy this past week with last minute fixes ahead of that half-year update as well as beginning early work for Plasma 5.26...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"KDE Plasma in turn will likely start shipping both light and dark versions of their wallpapers."
    Good thing. Currently, I have to keep the occasional "dark" default wallpapers for a few versions to go with my dark theme.

Comment

"KDE Plasma in turn will likely start shipping both light and dark versions of their wallpapers."
      For some reason the feature poor GNOME already did this.

Comment

I use the Bing wallpaper of the day plugin so I never noticed.

Comment

*sigh*, installing an ICC profile and applying its VCGT on Wayland is still as bugged as ever and bug is stalled: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=439135
          Not the end of the world for power users, but just another contribution for KDE to appear bugged.

Comment

sddm?

Comment

Originally posted by RejectModernity View Post
              sddm?
              agreed.

where is a native wayland SDDM session.

#free020

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
                *sigh*, installing an ICC profile and applying its VCGT on Wayland is still as bugged as ever and bug is stalled: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=439135
                Not the end of the world for power users, but just another contribution for KDE to appear bugged.
                *sigh* this is not KDE bugtracker, go complain somewhere else

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post
                  *sigh* this is not KDE bugtracker, go complain somewhere else
                  I wouldn't expect me to do this if I were you.

Comment

Well, even the bug tracker is useless; I tried to search for bugs using keyword "wayland" and it always opens me one bug instead.

I tried to run Manjaro Plasma on Wayland, but the list of - pardon me - fucked up things got so long so quick that I reverted back to X11. Oh well, I'm still giving it a fighting chance, but it looks *really* bad...

(Hardware: Lenovo E495 laptop with AMD Ryzen 7 3000-series CPU+iGPU.)

Comment

Working...
                    X