No announcement yet.

KDE Fixes Many Plasma 5.25 Bugs This Week But Still Needs More Developer Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Fixes Many Plasma 5.25 Bugs This Week But Still Needs More Developer Help

Phoronix: KDE Fixes Many Plasma 5.25 Bugs This Week But Still Needs More Developer Help

KDE developer Nate Graham is out with his weekly report on all of the KDE development activities. In particular, for starting June the KDE developers have been very busy fixing bugs for Plasma 5.25 that is due to be released mid-June. While Plasma 5.25 is getting into good shape, they still could use more help from experienced developers in fixing more bugs...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Every KDE article on Phoronix since last semester has been "Bug Fixes"

But hey, I'm glad so many bugs are being fixed.

Comment

I'm glad to hear that KDE team seems more focused on fixing bugs, in the last couple of years I haven't faced too many issues but still from time to time something weird happen

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        Every KDE article on Phoronix since last semester has been "Bug Fixes"

But hey, I'm glad so many bugs are being fixed.
        With so many features it has if the only changes from now on were bug fixes it would still be the best DE there is.

Comment

It's logical, they are polishing next major version...

Comment

Originally posted by Mthw View Post

With so many features it has if the only changes from now on were bug fixes it would still be the best DE there is.
            Imo it WOULD be the best DE if the focus from now on would've been only bug fixing, especially if the ones that cause the random crashing in different components are fixed once and for all. But unfortunately, currently it's not the best precisely because it's plagued with so many bugs.
            Don't get me wrong, I'm also very glad that bugs are being fixed, but the situation will not improve if tons of new features will continue to be introduced, like in the current rate.
            Last edited by user1; 04 June 2022, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mthw View Post

If only those features weren't so buggy

Comment

None of the bugs that are fixed affect me. My day-to-day usage is bug-free, although I use Kubuntu under X11 (not Wayland)

Comment

[Edited: Phoronix.com showed an error and duplicated the message that I sent. How ironic that the bug that I saw today was from Phoronix...]
                  Last edited by Nth_man; 04 June 2022, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Great to see that memory leak is now patched. It hasn't caused me any major problems but it was still annoying.

Comment

Working...
                    X