Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Developers Land More Bug Fixes Ahead Of Plasma 5.25

Phoronix: KDE Developers Land More Bug Fixes Ahead Of Plasma 5.25

Ahead of next month's big Plasma 5.25 release, KDE developers are wrapping up May with more bug fixes for polishing up this open-source desktop...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

You still can't use kde to just copy files https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=358231

Comment

Originally posted by RedEyed View Post
      You still can't use kde to just copy files https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=358231
      I have not experienced this on my system at all. But then again, different distros (Kubuntu & Gentoo).

Comment

Where's Wayland on the title lmao

Comment

No wayland improvements this time

Comment

Originally posted by arun54321 View Post
            No wayland improvements this time
            RTFA: Plasma Wayland will no longer immediately crash on log-in when having an external screen connected in the "switch to external screen" mode.

Comment

The "Eject" button next to mounted disks in Dolphin no longer appears for internal disks and manually-configured, fstab-configured disks.
              Nice. Now the fstab entry for my permanently attached external hard drive should be enough without me configuring udev to lie about whether it's removable.

Comment

"KDE's Elisa music player now allows disabling the automatic scanning of music on start-up and can be set to do on a manual basis."

Just about every music player I've ever used that also has a library feature has had this from day one, unbelievable feature omission.

Comment

Generic KDE complain "X" and Generic KDE complain "Y".

Also Generic Kwin complain Wayland !!!

Switching to Generic Current Fanboy Favorite !

Comment

Originally posted by grigi View Post

I have not experienced this on my system at all. But then again, different distros (Kubuntu & Gentoo).
                    I had such expensive on kubuntu, kde neon and Manjaro.

Note, that it works fine on small files, but it freezes when file size is at least 100 Gb or folder with at least 100k files.

Gnome nautilus handles that.
                    However, even gnome have problems ( it's slower than rsync), because of that, I have to use rsync.

Comment

Working...
                    X