X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• niner
    replied
    Originally posted by user1 View Post

How many lines of code does the Linux kernel have and how many KDE? I don't think that's a fair comparison.
    How many lines of code does KDE have and how many does Xfce?
    Why is it somehow fair to compare raw bug numbers of those but not of KDE and the Linux kernel? Both comparisons are equally stupid.

Leave a comment:

• user1
    replied
    Originally posted by niner View Post
    More bugfixes go into the Linux kernel every day than are done on KDE in a month. I wonder what OS Phoronix posters are running their Gnome on. Surely Linux is far too unstable to use as a base for their favorite desktop? Would be practically unusable.
    How many lines of code does the Linux kernel have and how many KDE? I don't think that's a fair comparison.

Leave a comment:

• luno
    replied
    wow, this release improved lot of performace and batterylife in Wayland, Xorg never gave me performance like this with 144 hz screen.

Leave a comment:

• niner
    replied
    More bugfixes go into the Linux kernel every day than are done on KDE in a month. I wonder what OS Phoronix posters are running their Gnome on. Surely Linux is far too unstable to use as a base for their favorite desktop? Would be practically unusable.

Leave a comment:

• caligula
    replied
    Originally posted by cl333r View Post
    KDE Plasma 5.300 Preparing More Bug Fixes, Continued Wayland Fixes
    Still Gnome 40 was more stable than KDE Plasma will be in the next 10 years. "Yea it's because Gnome is dumbed down idiot desktop; the lack of features makes bug fixes much simpler". KDE is for the "power users", which means implementing even the simplest thing correctly takes 10 years + requires a non-standard MOC meta object compiler + currently unimplemented C++ 2030 template magic. Oh yea, on top of that the desktop can't even be implemented in C++ (Qt script, maybe even PyQt).

Leave a comment:

• caligula
    replied
    Originally posted by Yeayo guy View Post
    There is no such thing as "adding junk and superfluous features", software will always have bugs. Happy Plasma Wayland 5.24 user here.
    The number of bugs is significantly larger in KDE compared to XFCE or other smaller desktops. Just look at the rate of bug fixes. This year alone, there are probably more submitted bug fixes for Plasma 5 than ever applied to XFCE during the last 20 years.

Leave a comment:

• cl333r
    replied
    KDE Plasma 5.300 Preparing More Bug Fixes, Continued Wayland Fixes

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    There is no such thing as "adding junk and superfluous features", software will always have bugs. Happy Plasma Wayland 5.24 user here.
    Exactly. Sometimes perfectly working software can just be better.

I did a bug report day before yesterday, first one to KDE ever, over a not-a-bug that could potentially be a 15 Minute Bug depending on how you look at it. Basically, a pinched nerve in my shoulder is making my left hand inaccurate so I keep typing my password wrong or accidentally hitting caps lock (have done both now); locked myself out of my system a couple times; the only info to get back in is a static box (that can be closed) saying 10 minutes (Manjaro default); only way to update the time in the box is to enter an incorrect password (why is that allowed if I'm locked out?) or trigger another app to throw up a new password prompt.

My bug report is basically asking for a countdown timer that can't be closed (because that static box with no timer is the main bug), to block out the password entry form while locked out (just makes sense to me), and to add a modifier key notifier to the password prompt (just helpful).

Technically, the password prompt is working as expected. However, when you injure yourself and your typing isn't up to par you start to see where accessibility settings and features could be helpful or even necessary. Exactly how long until I can use my password or on-screen help as to why am I might be typing it wrong would both be helpful. While I see this as a bug, the same fixes I suggest could also be seen as "junk and superfluous" features.

I know about /etc/security/faillock.conf and the various ways to fix it that way....and rebooting....

Leave a comment:

• Slartifartblast
    replied
    I hope any fixes get backported to 5.24 LTS

Leave a comment:

• mirmirmir
    replied
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X